Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 117 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

The post card is for the order of signal horns and such. Thanks for the UM article on Holters. All new knowledge. His NSDAP credentials are interesting, too. All too droll.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

Just found this interesting shop window sign for sale today. I've not seen one like it before.
    Early 1930s RZM Retail Store Sign for Dresden Tailor
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

Thanks for the nice addition. Saris has written a book on signs of all types, whereby there are a goodly number of RZM ones present and analyzed.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Fantastic--I had no idea he had input into the some of the classiest uniforms of the TR (if not of all time). That explains a lot!

HPL, vielen danke for the translation!
    And a fine translation it is, and all readers should recognize the extraordinary amount of work contained in same. Such is a service which none should take for granted, particularly we US Amerikaner who often are too spoiled by globalization. I have just spent a fairly intense week in Berlin translating difficult texts, so my admiration for my German colleague is doubly so.

A tip to the wise: if you want to achieve escalation dominance in this regalia, learn German.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    And a fine translation it is, and all readers should recognize the extraordinary amount of work contained in same. Such is a service which none should take for granted, particularly we US Amerikaner who often are too spoiled by globalization. I have just spent a fairly intense week in Berlin translating difficult texts, so my admiration for my German colleague is doubly so.
    Thank you very much for your kind words (both here and over on the "III/21" thread)!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Thank you very much for your kind words (both here and over on the "III/21" thread)!
    My pleasure. We profit from your kind aid.

These pages from the Handbuch d RZM are germane to our quest.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    These pages from the Handbuch d RZM are germane to our quest.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik
    F-B--
    Has the Handbuch ever been reprinted?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    F-B--
    Has the Handbuch ever been reprinted?
    Only a couple of pages. You would be more than surprised by the list of the A 2 craftsmen. The book in its totality is 820 pp. In the 1970s the work of Clyde Davis extracted some of it, and this page here was reprinted by Bender years ago. Otherwise, it is a book with seven seals and shall remain as such.Muetzenfabrik

The Library of Congress has a microform of it, though. Actual examples are only to be found in leading central European research libraries.

Well, F-B, if someone would just take the time to translate your Praxis book, the RZM bible, Uniformenmarkt, and "Der Schneidermeister" we would all be 1/2 way there. However, we will only continue to get innumerable coffee-table books on Militaria from all the various Militaria publishers, yet not one will step up to re-print that which is truly informative.

BTW, Der Schneidermeister is apparently available on DVD. I am going to try and get a copy:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 36 of 117 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast