Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 38 of 108 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

The UM is already digitalized, but the German is of a kind no longer really spoken. Nazi German and early 20th century German had its own special traits, which are are more and more arcane and removed from the language spoken today. Further, there is a specialized vocabulary among tailors and those in the textile trade that is present in many of these works, where things are a given among those who had the vocational training. We outsiders can only poorly comprehend same. The 21st century idea that there is a short cut to all of this is its own reward, dear readers. English may be the digitalized, globalized lingua franca of the 21st century, but it was not the language of cap makers in 1935 Germany.

If I am beating a dead horse, then maybe it reflects the years of lonely, unpaid, and unrewarded labor that enabled me to read this stuff now. No one was there in the 1970s and 1980s to reflect on this in a computer network. I spent a long time alone in book towers, in archives, in German universities and the like.

Did not Moltke say it best: "Genie ist fleiss!"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-1  SS Preisliste .jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	179843Name:  A302.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  8.7 KBName:  images.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  5.7 KBName:  bach_facsimilie_400.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  57.3 KB
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The UM is already digitalized,
    Not exactly FB. This is my area of expertise and there is a major difference between scanning a paper document to become a digital photocopy if you like and scanning a document that will wil turn it into a digital composite of separately recognised text and images. At the moment, the UM in digital format is nothing more than digital pictures of the original.

Good luck. I will leave all this to you. I am a man of the 20th century. Maybe you can make me a time machine, and I will return whence I came. The contemporary understanding of the parameters of knowledge is very alien to me.
    damit, basta.

U-M was bound in volumes, but are rarely found in this manner:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desnLV6SR3HP129819771457S.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	181282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2zJR7r3nGg1f129819772745S.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	181283  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

I found a copy of the RZM Handbuch for 1935 on an old Empire auction. Went for around $2600. Was it published every year thereafter?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rad7FFCA9Jun0181a.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	181287  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

As most of you know, Albert Kempf (Alkero) is still in business today--one of the few Muetzenfabriks still left.
    I believe most of their product was outsourced to the far east, but they have some pics of their shop.

(F-B, I would have to believe that some of these ladies could relate to what is contained in your book).
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

While I doubt there are any secrets contained in this book, I am sure that there is a nice history there:

Name:	16791.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	181292  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

These volumes are typical of all kinds of periodicals of the era. Are these for sale anywhere?
    Thanks. The cheapo way to have this knowledge lies in the CD.
    damit, basta.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    While I doubt there are any secrets contained in this book, I am sure that there is a nice history there:
    I have tried to buy this, and it is surely a very fine source to complement what is in the Praxis der Muetzemacherei. The whole story is that of mechanization and the industrial processes of what had been previously the realm of the guilds, artisans, and craftsmen. We have exercised all of this here many times over, which builds on all the economic and social history of central Europe that I learned arduously in graduate school before most of you were born.Name:  A302.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  8.7 KBName:  herstellung8.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  41.4 KBName:  war-economy-in-third-reich-r-j-overy-paperback-cover-art.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  14.0 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot 2010-12-28 18-51-11.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	181346Name:  41NHAGN4JAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  9.0 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot 2010-01-03 22-03-17.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	181348
    damit, basta.

& why not some ephemera from one of the best (but unsung) makers of the TR, Hermann Potthoff & Cie (inventors of the Frischluft system):

Name:	2504440.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	186676  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT