Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

?

Default Ernst Kern

Here's some interesting information about the firm Ernst Kern of Lunzenau. I especially like the bit about them having to buy an Opel Blitz truck to take all the parcels to the post office in Chemnitz!

PDF attached.

The firm was a big operation yet we only see a few tropical caps with this maker name these days.

This news articule is referring to what I believe to be the old Kern factory and it's impending demolition plus photos taken last year of it being done.

Mützenfabrik soll Grün weichen - Freie Presse
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BenVK; 10-17-2011 at 12:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

Default Friedrich Bennewitz

Another snapshot in time.

Text auf dem Foto:
    Friedrich Bennewitz Mützenfabrikation 1) So sah der Mützenmarkt 1945 aus! Gefertigt aus geliefertem Kunden-Material. 2) 1950 Vertragsgebundene Poduktion. Einzelanfertigung stark zurückgegangen. Bis 1949 Mützen produktionpflichtig. Ab 1950 frei. 3) 1955 Produktion unter gleichen Bedingungen jedoch qualitativ wesentlich besseres ...(unleserlich)material. Einzelanfertigung. 1955 Mutter: Marie Bennewitz Rudolf Bennewitz Andreas Bennewitz Gerda Bennewitz u. Otto
    9 Generationen Kürschnermeister Bennewitz in Wurzen (seit 1652), bis zur Flucht 1952 immer an gleicher Stelle, Albert-Kuntz-Straße 1, Ecke Schuhgasse. Die 10. Generation Otto Bennewitz jetzt (2010) in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, das Haus ist wieder in Familienbesitz.

Anschließend in Frankfurt/Main

Aus dem als Album 1 gekennzeichneten Fotoalbum aus dem Besitz von Otto Bennewitz, Kürschnermeister in Garmisch-Partenkirchen:
    Betriebsräume der Mützenfabrik, Kürschnerei und Ladengeschäft in Wurzen/Sachsen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik  
    Last edited by BenVK; 10-17-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

MuetzenfabrikMarvelous material, Ben, marvelous. I own one of these wooden forms which came with the magic book.

I agree, great additions, Ben.

Speaking of books, I was out-bid (as usual) on this piece:

Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MuetzenfabrikVery nice piece and sorry you did not get it. I own an earlier brochure on the ins and outs of uniform tailoring, which by 1933 had shriveled as a branch of the trade and industry and which the NS regime was at pains to revive.
    Thanks and better luck next time.
    Such is also evidence of why the fakes of today will never really be of the quality of former times, despite much effort to the contrary.

Default Re: Friedrich Bennewitz

Muetzenfabrik
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Another snapshot in time.

Text auf dem Foto:
    Friedrich Bennewitz Mützenfabrikation 1) So sah der Mützenmarkt 1945 aus! Gefertigt aus geliefertem Kunden-Material. 2) 1950 Vertragsgebundene Poduktion. Einzelanfertigung stark zurückgegangen. Bis 1949 Mützen produktionpflichtig. Ab 1950 frei. 3) 1955 Produktion unter gleichen Bedingungen jedoch qualitativ wesentlich besseres ...(unleserlich)material. Einzelanfertigung. 1955 Mutter: Marie Bennewitz Rudolf Bennewitz Andreas Bennewitz Gerda Bennewitz u. Otto
    9 Generationen Kürschnermeister Bennewitz in Wurzen (seit 1652), bis zur Flucht 1952 immer an gleicher Stelle, Albert-Kuntz-Straße 1, Ecke Schuhgasse. Die 10. Generation Otto Bennewitz jetzt (2010) in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, das Haus ist wieder in Familienbesitz.

Anschließend in Frankfurt/Main

Aus dem als Album 1 gekennzeichneten Fotoalbum aus dem Besitz von Otto Bennewitz, Kürschnermeister in Garmisch-Partenkirchen:
    Betriebsräume der Mützenfabrik, Kürschnerei und Ladengeschäft in Wurzen/Sachsen
    This entry here should also put the lie to the idea that a huge market in reproduction caps existed at war's end and in the years of rubble, as a close reading of the comparison of the years 1945, 1950 and 1955 makes clear that there were no raw materials, i.e. fabric, to make caps in 1945 and even the proposition was not without contradictions in the year 1950. Thanks to colleagues for adding nice, interesting and useful material versus the junk and claptrap that operates on the other site.

?

I had to post this of course.

A bargain! We know that just one hand embroidered kokarde would have cost you about 2 to 3 RM. As they say in America "you do the math"

I hate that expression actualy!

Hardly anyone really takes notice of these facts let alone study the reasons why and how.

Muetzenfabrik  

I saw this image, too, with the price tag. I do not think that the Gehirnbremse is native to said hat, but the state of preservation is a poem.
    These caps were not especially costly for the persons in question, despite what the coffee table book author suggests. Also, the officers got a clothing allowance.
    I was just in Boeblingen, actually, and saw no hats...just prototype Merecedes cars being tested.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I was just in Boeblingen, actually, and saw no hats...just prototype Merecedes cars being tested.
    Really? do tell more!

I was once involved with a secret Jaguar project. They drove it down from Coventry to South Wales cloaked in secret bodywork AKA, a black cloth sheet taped to the sides!

It was very funny really because the guy from Jaguar was like this Boris Johnson bafoon character and he really didn't understand anything technical and just said things like "if the budget goes over the agreed limit, I will personaly be very upset!"

Such camouflaged vehicles from Damiler are all over the place in the neighborhood, as Boeblingen is very close to Sindelfingen.
    I was not there to test cars, though, mind you.

Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast