Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 56 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikI completely agree with you and thanks for a fine intervention. The group think seizes on certain aspects of items. The mentality is especially hostile to knowledge and the requirement that the collector achieve a more sophisticated understanding of the item and its context other than pathos or bathos.
    The "collector invented rubbish" occupies and ever larger space in the mind and these locales.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

Here is F-B's lovely WW Jaeger visor that I have admired for all these years. Where is it now?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

And here is my favorite cap from the old Shutt book, a WW for a Supreme Court Justice (formerly in the Jack Hatter collection):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Here is F-B's lovely WW Jaeger visor that I have admired for all these years. Where is it now?:
    Thanks for showing this cap to us. I bought it for about thirty five dollars forty or so years ago. It was in perfect condition then, as new. complete with a newspaper of the era to give it shape. When I saw it again in the early 1990s, it was not in such great shape any longer, in fact. I traded this cap and six or seven others for a black SS tunic (which I still have...) in about 1972 or so. The Jaeger cap was a wonderful piece, and identical to what one sees in the Welhausen catalog. I should have bought it back, really, when it was offered to me, I guess. A very nice piece and thanks for showing it to us here. I also had a really nice grey SS cap with a brown inside which I got for eighty bucks from the same dealer at around the same time. It was a wonderful piece, but not as poetic as this piece here. There was formally a US Army base (braccked two decades ago) in my region which was frequented by this dealer, who profited from the fact that a lot of US Army personnel were stationed in West Germany at the time and scoffed up this material when it was plentiful and returned to said base at some point or retired nearby----the link to German flea markets is long gone, of course, since the world has turned many times in those four decades. The last thing this dealer sold in the late 1980s to me was a Janke stinker, which maybe he did not know, or not.....sic transit gloria mundi.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

MuetzenfabrikThis is the tunic which was acquired for about 275 dollars in trade forty years ago, part of which was the Welhausen cap shown to us above and lamented by me in my dotage.

?

The acquisition of THAT tunic for the trade, in part, of the nice Welhausen cap is something you should not feel too bad about. A beautiful item that would be the centerpiece of many a collectors inventory. I have not yet had to trade an item but faced with the decision, I very well may not ever consider doing such. The items I have in my collection are enjoyed daily and I wouldn't want to lament a decision in the future. But...F-B has a collection that would drown many sorrows regarding this regalia.

As always, F-B has excellent taste and knowledge deserving of such a fabulous collection. Many thanks for his contributions to the information within this forum.

Best regards,

CMH

Thanks. I sold the SSVT 1 tunic in 1981 for a fair price, only to re buy it in 1998 at an inflated price on the Rosebud model.
    But I am glad I got it back. I should have gotten the Welhausen cap, too, when the personage offered it, but I was recalcitrant.
    The "Deutschland" tunic is an issue piece that was tailored as a walking out Waffenrock sort of thing. One day I will photograph it properly.
    From the perspective of the year 2011, all of this seems different from that of 1971 or 1981, of course. Much different, surely.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

KSH
    ?

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I have not yet had to trade an item but faced with the decision, I very well may not ever consider doing such. The items I have in my collection are enjoyed daily and I wouldn't want to lament a decision in the future.
    You Sir, have a very similar approach to collection as I have. I have to this date not contemplated, not even entertained the thought of selling/trading one of my items - I just couldn't bear it afterwards. But to each his own

- Kenneth

MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikI sold off my entire collection thirty years ago in total disgust, in fact. Then, I bought back much of it, which was quite costly and time consuming.

Not at all abnormal in my experience of these things, in fact.

Part of the reason I sold it all was my complete nausea at collectors as well as the fact I was moving to West Germany to work, where these things were not especially welcome as property.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikI sold off my entire collection thirty years ago in total disgust, in fact. Then, I bought back much of it, which was quite costly and time consuming.

Not at all abnormal in my experience of these things, in fact.

Part of the reason I sold it all was my complete nausea at collectors as well as the fact I was moving to West Germany to work, where these things were not especially welcome as property.
    I can appreciate all that, my friend. It's easy for me to say what I just said above when I haven't even collected for two years yet. 10 years from now I may have done many things I would think myself incapable of doing right now.

- Kenneth

Page 56 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast