Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 65 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

For example, here are the young women who made the embroidered insignia that cause such a stir nowadays, and I am sure that their skill can be matched by few or no imitator of the 21st century.

Reichsberufswettkampf was a co event of the HJ/BdM and DAF for the training of the best specialized artisans and workers in these needed areas of the textile trade as well as other facets of industry and trades.
    Yes - so maginificent was their skill . . . here are a few closely-examined examples of such fine work they accomplished . . . I am amazed that hands alone could create such beauty . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

In any case, Ben, the baton of this race presently passes into your hands and we expect you to be up to the role of leader.
    Ben - you have just been appointed (and soon to be annointed?) . . . a sizeable task . . . and one of which I think (eventually, maybe?) you will not be able to deny . . . Viel Glück, mein Freund! (although - you are a Brit - and knowing how "touchy" these things are, maybe I should avoid the wishes "en Deutsch"?)
    Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 01-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Yes - so maginificent was their skill . . . here are a few closely-examined examples of such fine work they accomplished . . . I am amazed that hands alone could create such beauty . . .
    Nice to see you here.

By the way, the Umsiedlungskommando cuff title on the bad manners and ignorance website had by Jenkins was likely worn by those in the service of the SS Rasse und Siedlungshauptamt, not the SD. Also relevant is the Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle, VOMI, of which the RFSS was also head, I believe.
    There are numerous illustrated volumes on this event, which I will include elsewhere, if I can get my scanner to work.

Please post more often.

PS VOMI became the RKFDV in the course of 1941 for the accelerated racial conquest and social and political attempt to erase Slavic peoples in the east and fulfill Himmler's dreams of a Nazi el dorado of peasants and soldiers on a continental scale and in imitation of the British empire as well as the US manifest destiny.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-01-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Thank you FB for the UM illustration. That was exactly what I was looking for and it is much appreciated. I believe there was a further mention of white trappings in Number 16, (August 15, 1939 page 245). If you get the time perhaps you might check that one for me.
    Happy New Year,
    d'alquen

Allow me to provide the English translation for the non-German speaking members:

"SS introduces white tunic
    white or black cap to go with it

As the "UM" has come to know, the white tunic has been introduced as summer clothing for the SS by a decree of 27 June 1939. It serves as a walking-out uniform and may be worn by all SS officers between 1 April and 30 September. The cut is that of the black SS service tunic. It is permitted to manufacture the white tunic lined or unlined, although the lined tunic can only be dry-cleaned, whereas the unlined tunic is washable. Insignia for the white SS tunic are: Shoulder board with screw-on button, collar patches (screw-on patches) and brassard. All other badges, including collar cord, are not worn with the white tunic.
    Where appropriate, sports badges and ribbon bar are to be worn as with the black SS service dress.
    The screw-on patches and the shoulder boards with screw-on button are available from the RZM or alternatively the licensed retail outlets.
    The regulation white cloth can by purchased by the SS members via the sales office of the
    Kleiderkasse-SS in Munich; furthermore by the tailor directly from the RZM or the manufacturers. Every tailor that is in possession of the RZM's license is authorized for the manufacturing of the white SS tunic.
    With the white SS tunic, a
    white or black cap
    may be worn. The white cap is to be introduced in the shape and model of the black SS service cap, although the white cap consists of a lower part with a black velvet band and a white upper part that is removable for laundering.
    It is permitted to manufacture the white cap with a permanently attached upper part on special request. The RZM's manufacturing regulations in the
    Mitteilungsblatt der RZM [RZM Bulletin] are to be waited for.
    We want to point out this new introduction because this year's sales possibilities do not leave a large margin anymore
    ."
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-01-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Thank you FB for the UM illustration. That was exactly what I was looking for and it is much appreciated. I believe there was a further mention of white trappings in Number 16, (August 15, 1939 page 245). If you get the time perhaps you might check that one for me.
    Happy New Year,
    d'alquen
    I shall have a look and clip and paste. There is much of interest in these things. At some point I will sit down and write something, but likely once I live in Germany, which I do not now. Happy new year and I must make a copy of this for you as I promised. FBMuetzenfabrik

This article announces that the white caps are to be made by the RZM licensed firms and not ordered through the RZM. There is reference here to some reform of distribution and retail of party regalia, but I will have to re-read that, in turn.

Happy pikee to all concerned and happy new year.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-02-2012 at 05:39 AM.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Allow me to provide the English translation for the non-German speaking members:

"SS introduces white tunic
    white or black cap to go with it

As the "UM" has come to know, the white tunic has been introduced as summer clothing for the SS by a decree of 27 June 1939. It serves as a walking-out uniform and may be worn by all SS officers between 1 April and 30 September. The cut is that of the black SS service tunic. It is permitted to manufacture the white tunic lined or unlined, although the lined tunic can only be dry-cleaned, whereas the unlined tunic is washable. Insignia for the white SS tunic are: Shoulder board with screw-on button, collar patches (screw-on patches) and brassard. All other badges, including collar cord, are not worn with the white tunic.
    Where appropriate, sports badges and ribbon bar are to be worn as with the black SS service dress.
    The screw-on patches and the shoulder boards with screw-on button are available from the RZM or alternatively the licensed retail outlets.
    The regulation white cloth can by purchased by the SS members via the sales office of the
    Kleiderkasse-SS in Munich; furthermore by the tailor directly from the RZM or the manufacturers. Every tailor that is in possession of the RZM's license is authorized for the manufacturing of the white SS tunic.
    With the white SS tunic, a
    white or black cap
    may be worn. The white cap is to be introduced in the shape and model of the black SS service cap, although the white cap consists of a lower part with a black velvet band and a white upper part that is removable for laundering.
    It is permitted to manufacture the white cap with a permanently attached upper part on special request. The RZM's manufacturing regulations in the
    Mitteilungsblatt der RZM [RZM Bulletin] are to be waited for.
    We want to point out this new introduction because this year's sales possibilities do not leave a large margin anymore
    ."
    thank you for the kind aid. Best of the season to you, as well.

Best of the season to you, as well.
    And a happy new year to you as well; may it be free of forehead pressure and wool-eating lepidopterans.

MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    And a happy new year to you as well; may it be free of forehead pressure and wool-eating lepidopterans.
    Dear Colleague, thank you. My thoughts entirely. The wool eating vermin are the harbingers of doom in the new century. as ever, FB

Dust is also bad for textiles, really. It works its way into the fibers and wrecks them, too.

Page 65 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast