Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dust is also bad for textiles, really. It works its way into the fibers and wrecks them, too.
    Aber ich hoffe doch, daß Gott nicht mit den Motten ist. Oh, I forgot that such a thing is not allowed. Pardon me. Happy New Year, Gentlemen.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

Ok, I've cleaned up this thread and removed much of the recent posts regarding remastering the UM etc as this thread is plenty long enough as it is without having to read all of that as well.

KSH
    ?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Ok, I've cleaned up this thread and removed much of the recent posts regarding remastering the UM etc as this thread is plenty long enough as it is without having to read all of that as well.
    Perhaps just as well, Ben. It still is a complex and treacherous thread though.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

?

I prefer to judge it as a totaly organic thread and all the better for it.
    Some parts are better edited out though especially when I start rambling on and on!

KSH
    ?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I prefer to judge it as a totaly organic thread and all the better for it.
    Some parts are better edited out though especially when I start rambling on and on!
    I have in fact rather taken a liking to your "ramblings", Ben. They have Geist/Spirit!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikWe take people here as they are, so long as they can form a sentence. I am hardly put off by the outbursts or the spilling of bile if it is done with style, actually.
    This brave new world is fairly unfamiliar and unsettling to me, and people do not understand the quality and power of the written word, or of words, and thoughts much at all.
    I take an ironic view of it all, not the least because all of this arose from the catastrophes of the 20th century which seem quite capable of a redux in the present.
    Happy new year, foetid hat feelers, and much good fortune. As Kenneth notes, the "highest demands of personality and character" piece is not for nothing.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikWe take people here as they are, so long as they can form a sentence. I am hardly put off by the outbursts or the spilling of bile if it is done with style, actually.
    I can second such a sentiment myself - the written word, be it with bile or with incense - when mastered by a sharp or a "blunt" pen - is a marvel to behold.

As for irony - I find it one of the most fascinating and defining modes of thought that the human race has begotten. Even the ancients lived with and through irony as an integral part of their world-view.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

MuetzenfabrikThank you. Herewith an image to capture same in art.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Allow me to provide the English translation for the non-German speaking members:

"SS introduces white tunic
    white or black cap to go with it

As the "UM" has come to know, the white tunic has been introduced as summer clothing for the SS by a decree of 27 June 1939. It serves as a walking-out uniform and may be worn by all SS officers between 1 April and 30 September. The cut is that of the black SS service tunic. It is permitted to manufacture the white tunic lined or unlined, although the lined tunic can only be dry-cleaned, whereas the unlined tunic is washable. Insignia for the white SS tunic are: Shoulder board with screw-on button, collar patches (screw-on patches) and brassard. All other badges, including collar cord, are not worn with the white tunic.
    Where appropriate, sports badges and ribbon bar are to be worn as with the black SS service dress.
    The screw-on patches and the shoulder boards with screw-on button are available from the RZM or alternatively the licensed retail outlets.
    The regulation white cloth can by purchased by the SS members via the sales office of the
    Kleiderkasse-SS in Munich; furthermore by the tailor directly from the RZM or the manufacturers. Every tailor that is in possession of the RZM's license is authorized for the manufacturing of the white SS tunic.
    With the white SS tunic, a
    white or black cap
    may be worn. The white cap is to be introduced in the shape and model of the black SS service cap, although the white cap consists of a lower part with a black velvet band and a white upper part that is removable for laundering.
    It is permitted to manufacture the white cap with a permanently attached upper part on special request. The RZM's manufacturing regulations in the
    Mitteilungsblatt der RZM [RZM Bulletin] are to be waited for.
    We want to point out this new introduction because this year's sales possibilities do not leave a large margin anymore
    ."
    We are all trying to get to the same destination even if we are coming from different directions.

My thanks to Andreas once again for this translation.

This highlights the need to study such publications as the UM. There is so much to discuss just in these few paragraphs.

Quote:
    The regulation white cloth can by purchased by the SS members via the sales office of the Kleiderkasse-SS.

You could buy your own cloth?

Quote:
    It is permitted to manufacture the white cap with a permanently attached upper part on special request.

Special request? did you have to get approval before you could buy a permanently attached white top cap?

Fascinating!

Thanks to Andreas, indeed. He does a fine job.

Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast