Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

The truth of our interest, dear friend. I have a shelf and more of books on said subject.Name:  goebbels.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  72.8 KB A pretty horrifying story.

damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

It's an uncomfortable truth but we have to embrace and try to understand it if we are to better understand the German textile industry.

?

There within lays another problem, most of the German textile industry wasn't German.
    Last edited by BenVK; 02-05-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's an uncomfortable truth but we have to embrace and try to understand it if we are to better understand the German textile industry.
    Well said.
    damit, basta.

A nice overview of current and past civilian German/Austrian hatters:

German & Austrian Hutmachers
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Another site devoted to the German/Austrian Hutmachers:

Invision Power Board -> German Hat Companies
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Note the variety of insignia and medal maker catalogs here. I still remain hopeful that someday I will find the Katalog of a major hat maker--Welhausen cannot be the only one who put one out:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kataloge.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	309112  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Note the variety of insignia and medal maker catalogs here. I still remain hopeful that someday I will find the Katalog of a major hat maker--Welhausen cannot be the only one who put one out:
    Are those for sale? If so, I am interested. As to the cap catalogs, you got lucky with the Wellhausen one, and it is not simply for caps, of course. As I have often written here, there are museums of the arts and trades in Germany in their number, devoted to the textiles, as well. They likely have what we all seek.
    damit, basta.

F-B, those are someone's collection on the WAF (and one I would love to have myself).
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

BTW, the civil headgear industry had their own trade publication leading up to WW1. Too bad there was not a military equivalent:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6426963627_e82f967c5c_b.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	309340  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT