Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Erel, I have to give you credit where credit is due--you find some of the most obscure headgear/uniform ephemera--keep 'em coming!...
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

Thank you Mr. Stonemint!

Here is another (very rare) piece of Headgear ephemera.

A leaflet of the famous Pfaff sewing machines for Mützenmacher (Cap makers)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

?

Default #

Sewing pattern for a Zoll visor cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

?

Dear Sir,
    fantastic - is this from the Hempe book? I published the same pattern here: Cap Making

?

Default #

[QUOTE=ErWeSa;1690751]Dear Sir,
    fantastic - is this from the Hempe book? I published the same pattern here: Cap Making[/QUOTE

Yes indeed it is.
    Here is another one from the Hempe book!

?

That is surprising - so there are at least three different versions of this book - F.-B. I think owns the 1935 version without appendices, mine (i.e. the scan I have) has several appendices ("Nachtrag" the last of which is from 1937) and now there is this fascinating volume with complete Schnittmuster Bögen (I have been dreaming of something like this for years on end!).The term Reichswehr-Dienstmütze indicates, however, also an early version of this book. Would you tell us from when your edition is?
    Hempe is one of only two textbooks about cap making I know of, the other one is just a proof by a certain Wilhelm Prediger which doesn't seem to have ever been printed. This proof was on sale on ebay some time ago, I don't know who got it and what is in it but for the few pages that were published then. It would be extremely interesting to compare these two textbooks but I don't believe Prediger will ever be made accessible for us, perhaps it will never turn up again.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-11-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typo

?

Default #

These are from the 1935 issue with the 1937 Nachtrag (appendices).
    The templates/patterns were loose appendices. Unfortunately these are most of the time lost or used.

Here is another one from the Hempe, for your interest.

?

Hello Erel,
    fantastic! Indeed there were no loose appendices in the copy I had at my disposal - I envy you for these! I have been looking for something like this for years. Thanks for showing!
    Just took a closer look: there are two versions for the Reichsbahn peaked cap: Klappform and "Hohe Form" = Sattelform. Very enlightening!
    And the Rand (Bund) is 4,5 cm compared to the Rand of the Reichswehr- and the Schutzpolizeimütze which is 4,75 cm - a difference of just 2,5 mm! That is precision (I would be glad to be able to produce a Rand which is so precise).

?

Default ##

This would be the sewing machine you will need to sew the peak and the sweatband simultaneously.

Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast