Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions please

Article about: Hi, Here is my Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap. First of all I just wanted to show it off / make sure you also think it's a good one. Secondly can anyone help me date it roughly or even whe

?

Default My Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions please

Hi, Here is my Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap. First of all I just wanted to show it off / make sure you also think it's a good one. Secondly can anyone help me date it roughly or even where it was made through the labels as I'm no expert on these caps. There is a small white paper label which has something written in pen I'm guessing but sadly has now become very faded but I took a picture of it as I think I can see the SS flashes on there. Any information would be great and also any comments are welcome good or bad.

All the best mgn

My Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions please
    P
    Many

A very nice cap from the Fa. Adolf Hermann Ernst and of the epoch 1935-6, but Arran will know, as will Wim. It was a craftsman shop and not a cap factory. That is, A2.
    It was retailed via the RZM, and all Bavarian thing, then.
    It is a very nice piece, superior to the average.

Who FM was is lost to time, but you could hash it out. I wouldn't bother, though. People entered the SS and left it, so that the rank lists are not the Rosetta Stone
    that many collectors naively imagine them to be.

My Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseHere is the tag likely used earlier, with a date stamp of the leather band firma.

May I channel Bob Coleman, when I say it is a black SS cap, not an Allgemeine SS cap. This cap in 1936 or so was worn by all branches of the SS in their variety.

?

Hi thanks for the comments and pictures. There looks like a very faded stamp on the leather which I'm guess was once the date stamp like yours. The insignia looks totally original to the cap and some silver wash is still evident on the eagle.

Quote by Mgn040 View Post
    Hi thanks for the comments and pictures. There looks like a very faded stamp on the leather which I'm guess was once the date stamp like yours. The insignia looks totally original to the cap and some silver wash is still evident on the eagle.
    You are welcome. The insignia is fine. It has patina and seems organic to the cap. The white RZM tag from 1935 is not mine precisely, but I have several similar.
    Your item is very attractive. You can be pleased with it. Shea has one similar.

?

So would this be a rarer cap coming from a crafts shop rather than a cap factory? Also what was meant by 'A2'? many thanks

Quote by Mgn040 View Post
    So would this be a rarer cap coming from a crafts shop rather than a cap factory? Also what was meant by 'A2'? many thanks
    Your cap is more interesting because it is intact, it is not of the last tranche of these made in large numbers and unsold, unissued, and A2 is the RZM designation
    for craftsman production. A1 denoted industrial production. The RZM had a highly detailed organization for licenses, with codes and such. Very totalitarian.

For myself, I look for enlisted caps more or less prior to 1938, which yours is, but others want the final version, ca. 1939 with the high crown
    and all the stamps and marks. I really do not know what other collectors want, frankly. I am not a dealer. You have a nice intact cap of what is early ish make...
    see my thread which poses the question, "what is an early SS cap?" in which this item does fall......

What defines an "early" SS cap?

My Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions please

- - ------- - -

Photos courtesy Jenkins. Handbuch picture is of my copy which is now the generic picture of the handbook of the RZM....!! I guess it came from Hermman Historica.
    And I overpaid for it, too, kiddo.

My Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseThis cap is devoid of any marks, as found in the epoch 1932-1934

- - ------- - -

My Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseMy Allgemeine SS EM / NCO visor cap - opinions pleaseThis cap is of the 1938-9 species.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast