Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First Visor hat....how did I do?

Article about: Wow...that is almost an exact duplicate. It will be interesting to see what it goes for....again thanks for the comments....

Default My First Visor hat....how did I do?

This is my first visor hat. I bought it from an old guy who said he picked it up at a garage sale about 10 years ago. He had no idea what it was accept that it was "german". I am guessing it is a medical officer's hat? It is in really nice shape...brim leather is showing some wear...one very small moth spot....interior is really nice...has a hand written name in it. Inside manufacturer info says..."Gg Feulner"...under that it says "Nurnberg"...under that it says "Josefsplatz28"...further down it says "Stirndruckfrel" and right below that "DeutschesReichsputen"....I cannot make out the signature but it looks like "Gotz Lindna" on a small paper insert. Is it original? What is it worth?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Visor hat....how did I do?   My First Visor hat....how did I do?  

My First Visor hat....how did I do?   My First Visor hat....how did I do?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Visor hat....how did I do?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My First Visor hat....how did I do?

This is an officers hat for the DRK - Deutsches Rotes Kreuz, German Red Cross,I have no idea of value.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Well...I only had to pay $40 for it....so I guess even though it is not "military"...I am probably not out much?

?

The Collectors Guild website has one listed at over 800 dollars,but I have found his prices to be at least 50% higher than other sites,so at $40 you did good...
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

You did fantastic. You have a true DRK (German Red Cross) officer's visor. Most that you find are EM/NCO with chintz linings.

Yours is actually made by Pekuro, as per their "Stirndruckfrei, Deutsches Reichspatant" trademark. The retailer is Georg Feulner.
    Your had also appears to have a leather visor, and extra-cost option.

I agree, on dealer sites these usually go in the 800-900 range.
    Congrats!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

BTW, Gotz would be the last name of the DRK officer. The other word could be his first name, or the town he was from (maybe Lindau?).

stonemint and zwerge....thanks for the info.

price should be in the $400.00 range,,,i sold a mint one awhile back and was very lucky to get $350.00 for it,,,not much demand for Red Cross item,,,but still a very nice looking hat,,,

A "sister" visor of yours just went up for sale on the other forum.
    Same maker, but the lining is NCO quality. He is asking $700 for it:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Visor hat....how did I do?   My First Visor hat....how did I do?  

My First Visor hat....how did I do?   My First Visor hat....how did I do?  

I hate to spoil things here, but Goetz is also a first name. I.e. Goetz von Berlichingen. Or even Goetz George, son of Heinrich George, the former being an actor in German television and latter being a famous actor of the III. Reich, i.e. Jued Suess fame and whatnot.

Your cap is very nice, especially with the leather peak.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast