Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap

Article about: Hi all, I just thought I would share my newly acquired piece, a humble fireman's cap. It is initialed and has a nice "crusher" look to it. Perhaps not the most ostentatious piece,

Default My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap

Hi all, I just thought I would share my newly acquired piece, a humble fireman's cap. It is initialed and has a nice "crusher" look to it. Perhaps not the most ostentatious piece, but I like it.

Much obliged if someone could give me some info on the maker, I'm not finding much of anything.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap   My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap  

My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap   My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap  

My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap   My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new Feuerschutzpolizei EM/NCO cap

Nice cap--looks like you have an officer's eagle on it.
    I do not recognize the maker--what does the last name say, and from what town?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

The maker emblem reads, "Albert Struszewski -- Bitterfeld"

stonemint, I have observed a couple kinds of badges on both officer and EM/NCO caps--one that looks a bit like mine but with less prominent acorns on the wreath, and another with a wholly different looking eagle that appears more 'elongated'. It is a mystery to me. I was not aware the differences in the badges were anything more than superficial; just different styles was my guess--perhaps 'old' and 'new'. I would certainly like to know more about this.

nice !

Kip
    ?

I once had a similar cap, but it was SS. It had the small eagle and jawless skull, which places it around 1931-33. It had the same red piping, but the rest was black instead of the Fire department very dark blue. Inside the sweatband was stamped N.S.D.A.P S.S.d. S.A. (back when the SS was subservient to the SA.) The only thing that threw me was the red piping. It looked identical to one in a photo of an early SS man carrying the "Blutfahne", the "holy" flag that was blood-stained in the 1923 Putsch. Since I no longer have the cap, I have no photos.

The eagle is the officer type, but not the high-end two piece version. So consider this a mid-grade eagle.

how do I know this is an officers eagle?