Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold These things are old, and they were used before we got them. I am not really a proponent of the unused object as the non plus ultra. I have seen enough real, live Germa

Default Re: My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    These things are old, and they were used before we got them.
    I am not really a proponent of the unused object as the non plus ultra.
    I have seen enough real, live German soldiers wearing beat up hats to know that such a thing is an entirely normal part of military life, to say nothing of war time.

History shows signs of wear, and basta, really.

Yours is an authentic cap, it is yours now, and you should treasure it. We salute it.

The endless consumerist comparisons are pointless, especially because there are the terrible simplifiers and manipulators who make us want more and more, when, in reality, what we have is more than sufficient. The key is the thing be really of the era, and that is all that matters. The endless fuss about conditions becomes all too droll, really.

The cavalry cap in the picture above was a Holters, and quite, quite rare at that. But I sold it, too.

Happy headwear and congratulations on your fine cap of which you should be proud. May you secure and treasure many more, indeed.
    Well said FB, much the same to you. It has a nice place next to my grandfather's old crusher. Maybe the ghosts of the former owners will exchange stories of the war that I long to know but never will.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new Heer schirmutze--Admin or Gebirgsjäger??

a original Admin cap !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12