Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mystery Visor

Article about: by stonemint It is really hard to find visors by Almi, but here is a pre-RZM SS: This is not "pre-RZM" since the RZM existed in its initial form in the SA from 1928 until 1930, whe

Default Re: Mystery Visor

Quote by stonemint View Post
    It is really hard to find visors by Almi, but here is a pre-RZM SS:
    This is not "pre-RZM" since the RZM existed in its initial form in the SA from 1928 until 1930, where after it was organized within the Schatzmeister der NSDAP.

This cap is made prior to the requirement for the RZM marking ca. 1933/34 or who really knows.

The phrase "pre-RZM" is too often used in error.

It is a small but no less vital point.
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This is not "pre-RZM" since the RZM existed in its initial form in the SA from 1928 until 1930, where after it was organized within the Schatzmeister der NSDAP.

This cap is made prior to the requirement for the RZM marking ca. 1933/34 or who really knows.

The phrase "pre-RZM" is too often used in error.

It is a small but no less vital point.

F-B, point (well) taken, and I agree, we need much more precision in descriptions and characterizations in this hobby....
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Quote by stonemint View Post
    F-B, point (well) taken, and I agree, we need much more precision in descriptions and characterizations in this hobby....
    Sorry to be a didactic bore, but this issue is a hobby horse of mine. I wish I had bought the cap on the British site. I imagine that the firm in Koblenz eventually got an RZM license. The issue is the requirement of law ca. 1934/5 to mark items. This law was preceded by a decree from Hindenburg in late 1933 as concerns the "protection of party uniforms." I wish I knew the total answer on all of this, which I do not. Thanks for your patience.
    Saris asserts that the SS runics on the cello diamond were introduced in early 1934....
    damit, basta.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12