Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert

Article about: I believe this is an original period Nachschub? Please confirm if correct, Correct me if wrong. The maker appears to be Hermann Naubert from Erfurt, some information about this maker would b

Default Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert

I believe this is an original period Nachschub? Please confirm if correct, Correct me if wrong. The maker appears to be Hermann Naubert from Erfurt, some information about this maker would be nice since you don't come across this one to many times if i'm not mistaken.

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert   Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert  

Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert   Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert  

Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert   Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert
    P
    Many

Yes, looks like a good private-purchase HNE...
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

very nice visor.

I've noticed some black thread stitches above the waffenfarbe, is this naturally part of the cap or is this some kind of post war repair?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert   Nachschub NCO visor cap Hermann Naubert  

Just sloppy workmanship--not all seamstresses were perfect. Nothing to worry about.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

As stonemint says, negligence. This seam holds together the three parts of the top ("Deckel" or "Mützenboden"): the outer fabric, the cheesecloth (and sometimes a strip of felt which reinforces the top panel) and the lining. Somewhat later the side panels ("Seitenteile") are sewn to this top and the seam we can see here should disappear as the new seam is a little farther inside of the top panel (as it is on most of the top panel of your cap). If you are interested (an do speak German) you can read more on the topic here: Cap Making ( the pdf files for download, extracts of the Hempe cap making manual from 1936 or so).