Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"

Article about: Hi guys, I really wanted this is today's auction but I missed out on it. It went for \\$400. From what I gather it's a cap that belonged to 'Karl Muller' of Sturmbattailon "Teja" It'

Default Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"

Hi guys,

I really wanted this is today's auction but I missed out on it. It went for $400.

From what I gather it's a cap that belonged to 'Karl Muller' of Sturmbattailon "Teja"

It's a pretty interesting cap, what do you all make of it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"   Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"  

Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"   Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"  

Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"   Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"

The Bund Oberland was a storied Freikorps unit, and a vanguard of Nazism in the truest sense. If wholly authentic, a very valuable and important item. The Sturm Btl. Teja participated in the fight in Oberschlesien as well as the 9 November Putsch in 1923.

A very interesting cap. For me, I would require rock solid provenance on such a piece to be assured it was not an old cap with a new name label added. The low selling price reflects my thoughts. For me, the label does not reflect the hardware to the rest of this cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob C speaks with great authority. Does anyone know the fate of the collection of original party uniforms in the so called Sammlung Rehse in Munich? This collection was begun in the 1920s and became a focal point of the maintenance of tradition in the NSDAP after 1933.

FB, this cap was sold at the same auction house that sold that SS Oberabschnitt Rhein uniform that you wanted.

I was aware of the history of the cap and the name really interests me. I was really hoping to get it but I just don't have $400 to spend on it. Hopefully someone will post it soon on this or another forum and we can all take a closer look at it. I'm sure it will turn up somewhere.

I was the one who got the cap and IMO the tag is original and been sewn into this cap for a very long time. It is hard to convey in pictures but the tag is old and has yellowed with age. In the photos posted in this thread it looks bright white, in person it is not. I have had many items with name tags sewn into them and this tag is applied in the same manner as I have seen before. I have restored the cap to what it might have looked like When Karl Muller wore it back in the day. It is a neat cap and I like it alot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"   Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"  

Here are a couple of photos of similar caps being worn.

Attached Images Attached Images Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja" 

I wanted this in my collection so badly!

I am very glad to see it go to someone from the forum who will take good care of it.

Here is a nice thing to display with the cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Stosstrupp mütze von Sturmbattailon "Teja"