Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need help with kyffhäuser visor without maker

Article about: I believe this is a genuine kyffhauser schirmmutze but it has some oddities. There are no markings to be found on this hat and the cap itself at the front is made from a different kind of fa

Default need help with kyffhäuser visor without maker

I believe this is a genuine kyffhauser schirmmutze but it has some oddities. There are no markings to be found on this hat and the cap itself at the front is made from a different kind of fabric than the others I own in my collection. No markings, was that against regulations? Also, the sturmrieme is attached by sewing... Is this a so called late war example? I need to know what insignia to attach, so first I have to determine what era (pre/early/late-war) it dates from. My gues is late war but then.. it should have an eagle, correct? but so far no traces of an eagle on this hat... I know insignia one these caps were often mixed but it would seem a bit strange to put early style insignia on a (at the time) new cap. What insignia should I use? combination eagle/ heer style wreath or leave the kokarde and add an early kyfhauser wreath? please help me out.

thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help with kyffhäuser visor without maker   need help with kyffhäuser visor without maker  

need help with kyffhäuser visor without maker   need help with kyffhäuser visor without maker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need help with kyffhäuser visor without maker
    P
    Many

Hi, looks like an ok cap to me as well. I don't really subscribe to the "late war version" theory as I read the bund was disbanded in 1943.....so why would caps be made late in the war ?

Insignia I would put on this cap is the second pattern 1939 version....but either is fine. As with all things plenty of evidence in photos that they wore all different combos of the insignia. also the cap not being maker marked is not a problem IMO as they were civilian caps in essence and must have been loads of manufacturers making them.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Tony

need help with kyffhäuser visor without makerneed help with kyffhäuser visor without makerThoughtful analysis. Much collector periodization is just bunk.