Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with a winter hat

Article about: Hi. What do you think of this hat? I cant find any pics of a similar one. Fake?

Default Need help with a winter hat

Hi.

What do you think of this hat? I cant find any pics of a similar one. Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with a winter hat
    P
    Many

The pics are not detailed enough to make any kind of call.

But it is not an issue German cap.

The Germans were impressed with the Soviet "Ushanka" M40 winter cap. Captured examples were often worn. In fact, an order went out banning troops from wearing them when going home on leave.

We need detailed pics taken in daylight including the liner.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Not something I've seen. Who know? But to me, at best a field made alteration to a non-German/ Non-issue cap. At worst...a fake.

Hard to tell much from the photos but it does appear to have age to the fabric. Much better photos are needed

Edit: Ade beat me to it! I take too long to type
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Checkout Vol 1 in Wim's series of books on Headgear of Hitlers Germany page 77 for more info.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A photo of the inside would clinche the ID I think.

Thanks for the info. This is at an upcoming auction and I cant get any more pics.

I think ill just pass on it.

Even if its an original Ushanka M40 winter cap. There is no way to say when the patch was applied to it so the value would be low. The inside had no markings that I could find.