Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

New headgear book from Norway

Article about: I have just received my copy from Jan Meland in Norway of the new headgear book, and if you aren't aware of it, I recommend grabbing a copy, it is another great addition to the library if yo

Default New headgear book from Norway

I have just received my copy from Jan Meland in Norway of the new headgear book, and if you aren't aware of it,
    I recommend grabbing a copy, it is another great addition to the library if you have an interest in caps of the period,
    and some great uniforms shown too. Great detailed colour photos throughout the book.

Authors are Jan Meland and Trond K. Elvan. The title is: "Heer & SS Visor Caps & Uniforms" (ISBN 978-82-690126-0-6).

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New headgear book from Norway  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New headgear book from Norway
    P
    Many

?

That Trond K is not me. Maybe i have a twin im not aware of.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    That Trond K is not me. Maybe i have a twin im not aware of.
    Oops, make that Trond A. Elvan ! :-)

Bob

MAP
    ?

Bob,

Saw this over at GHW. Am thinking of picking it up and have heard good feedback so far. However I have a question. Is it similar to Gary Wilkins book (i.e. more of an in depth reference/research style) or is it more focused on just showing representative examples?

Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Basically Michael it is a photographic essay, and yes, just showing representative examples with multi views, nice clear colour photos,
    and a basic text to go with the photos.....

Bob

MAP
    ?

Thanks Bob. Will probably pick it up eventually. They did a great job I am told. Sure it is a good learning tool.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Mine is on the way,,,,
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Trond Elvan is a dear friend of mine, and lives 15 minutes away from me by car. He is a gentleman with quite the taste in collectibles, which is clear from this excellent book. I can only highly reccomend getting this book!

I just received my (autographed!) copy, and I want to say just how impressed I am with this work. The format is quite large, and all the photographs are in color (many pics are actually larger than actual size). The photography/lighting is excellent, and the interiors of each cap are illustrated as well.
    It is in English, but there is not a lot of text, as the pictures do the talking (there are also SS and Heer uniforms depicted as well).
    The book is suitable for all collectors, from beginner to advanced--I recommend it to all, and my congrats to Trond and Jan on an effort well done....

Here are a few sample pictures.
    The book is a very large size in terms of height--I cannot fit it on my book shelf!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New headgear book from Norway   New headgear book from Norway  

New headgear book from Norway   New headgear book from Norway