Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie

Article about: Hello! Here is my latest purchase, which is also my first item from Bill Shea. It is a rare to find and beautiful Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie. Based on

Default New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie

Hello!

Here is my latest purchase, which is also my first item from Bill Shea. It is a rare to find and beautiful Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie. Based on the quality of the construction and the materials used here (two tone/bullion and cellion eagle etc.), it is my guess that this cap was produced very early in the war.

Of course, before this cap could arrive here safely, I had to go through what I can only describe as collector´s hat hell: the strict customs and non-EU import regulations caused the second part of this purchase to become a very long and stressful wait for me, but I finally got my cap and the wait was indeed worth it.

Also, thanks to friend and colleague Friedrich-Berthold for his assistance and advice concerning this purchase.

Here is the dealer´s very thorough official description of the cap:
    “A high quality cap produced in a very soft doeskin wool that is as clean as a whistle! This cap looks and feels like a crusher due to the fact that the material is so soft, combined with the lack of any reinforcing wire. This has the typical appearance of a Naval cap…very sexy! The dark green piping checks in just fine with an absolutely tiny nip at the rear. The centerband is produced in a dark green badge cloth. The insignia is a real standout on this cap! The eagle is a combination of gold celleon and bullion, with the bullion having toned to a dark hue. The wreath is gold bullion as well with bright highlights, and the cockade has a silver bullion beaded piping. All of the insignia is over a dark green badge cloth background and unquestionably original to the piece. The Officer’s chin cord is produced in silver bullion as it should be. It is attached to the cap via a pair of small gilt finished Naval anchor buttons. The black leather visor is very flexible (again like a crusher) with some minor finish loss and age crazing. The interior is fully lined in blue rayon that has faded and has some minor wear. There is a diamond shaped clear celluloid moisture shield. The sweatband is produced in grey leather, this has just slight wear. The size is approximately a 55. An attractive cap in near excellent condition overall! Honestly, these caps are 10 times as rare as other Navy visor caps, and you know how rare they are!”

I am, of course, over the moon for this new item. Enjoy the photos of my new Kriegsmarine family member, perhaps this one will need a sister or brother sometime
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie   New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie  

New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie   New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie  

New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie   New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie  

Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-13-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie

Amazing cap Christina

Default Re: New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    New purchase: Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie

Hello!
    Here is my latest purchase, which is also my first item from Bill Shea. It is a rare to find and beautiful Kriegsmarine Schirmmütze für Offiziere der Marine-Küstenartillerie. Based on the quality of the construction and the materials used here (two tone/bullion and cellion eagle etc.), it is my guess that this cap was produced very early in the war.

Of course, before this cap could arrive here safely, I had to go through what I can only describe as collector´s hat hell: the strict Danish customs and non-EU import regulations caused the second part of this purchase to become a very long and stressful wait for me, but I finally got my cap and the wait was indeed worth it.

Also, thanks to friend and colleague Friedrich-Berthold for his assistance and advice concerning this purchase.

Here is the dealer´s very thorough official description of the cap:
    “A high quality cap produced in a very soft doeskin wool that is as clean as a whistle! This cap looks and feels like a crusher due to the fact that the material is so soft, combined with the lack of any reinforcing wire. This has the typical appearance of a Naval cap…very sexy! The dark green piping checks in just fine with an absolutely tiny nip at the rear. The centerband is produced in a dark green badge cloth. The insignia is a real standout on this cap! The eagle is a combination of gold celleon and bullion, with the bullion having toned to a dark hue. The wreath is gold bullion as well with bright highlights, and the cockade has a silver bullion beaded piping. All of the insignia is over a dark green badge cloth background and unquestionably original to the piece. The Officer’s chin cord is produced in silver bullion as it should be. It is attached to the cap via a pair of small gilt finished Naval anchor buttons. The black leather visor is very flexible (again like a crusher) with some minor finish loss and age crazing. The interior is fully lined in blue rayon that has faded and has some minor wear. There is a diamond shaped clear celluloid moisture shield. The sweatband is produced in grey leather, this has just slight wear. The size is approximately a 55. An attractive cap in near excellent condition overall! Honestly, these caps are 10 times as rare as other Navy visor caps, and you know how rare they are!”

I am, of course, over the moon for this new item. Enjoy the photos of my new Kriegsmarine family member, perhaps this one will need a sister or brother sometime
    Thats why you were saving money.
    I cant think of anyone better than you, to have a beautiful cap like this.
    Congratulations on a fine purchase.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Thank you, Patrick, I think it is indeed a rare "treasure"
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hi Chris, very nice. Glad you got it safely.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well worth the wait IMO.

Fabulous visor to obtain. congratulations on your purchase.

cheers

tony

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Thats why you were saving money.
    I cant think of anyone better than you, to have a beautiful cap like this.
    Congratulations on a fine purchase.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Thank you Nuno. It was somewhat costly, yes, but you know, when you have set your eyes on something, you got to have it
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Chris, very nice. Glad you got it safely.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by spandau View Post
    Well worth the wait IMO.

Fabulous visor to obtain. congratulations on your purchase.

cheers

tony
    Thank you
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

A wonderful addition

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast