Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP cap eagle?

Article about: I have this alleged WW2 German holster with a cap eagle attached to it (in another post). The cap eagle looks similar to a 1927 NSDAP cap eagle....but not quite. Is it authentic and why woul

?

Default NSDAP cap eagle?

I have this alleged WW2 German holster with a cap eagle attached to it (in another post). The cap eagle looks similar to a 1927 NSDAP cap eagle....but not quite. Is it authentic and why would someone attach it to a holster?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP cap eagle?   NSDAP cap eagle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP cap eagle?
    P
    Many

?

Maybe a US soldier picked up both the items as souvenirs and combined them together. It would stop him from losing a small item like the nsdap badge and also at the time after the war, Make a good display piece

Not sure if this is correct but isnt there a similar cases where US soldiers put german cockades, badges and whatever on belts

Hello. The same happened frequently in the french liberation army, sometimes several badges being worn as war trophies on the same holster that could be of french, american or german origin.
    This fact being well known and well documented some swindlers may have tried to make some money out of it. I cannot say much about the authenticity of the eagle except that I find it not as detailed as I would have expected.