Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

NSDAP Einsatz u. Dienst Visor for Reichsleitung

Article about: Ley was probably the one who was most-photographed in an EuD uniform. You can see in his face that the events of the previous 5 years have caught up to him:

Default NSDAP Einsatz u. Dienst Visor for Reichsleitung

Bob C, Jeff Clark & myself have identified 3 varieties of Form 4 visors that are similar to the "standard" visors for Orts-/Kreis-/Gau-/ & Reichsleitung. They are for the Reichslager (the NSDAP civil "training" program); the Osteinsatz (NSDAP in the Occupied Eastern Territories); and this cap, which is for a late-war uniform called the "Einsatz u. Dienst" ("EuD") uniform.

The wool in this caps is darker than the standard visors, but not as dark as the more olive Osteinsatz visors (Bob C is in possession of both a Form 4 Reichslager and Osteinsatz, which you all have seen before in the NSDAP visors thread).

This hat was issued, but could not have been worn more than once or twice--it is basically mint, the only thing giving its age away is the crazing of the visor and the age-toning to the bullion cord.

The color of the piping is your standard Reichleitung golden-yellow (same 'farbe as for WH-Kav.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4542.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	498722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4539.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	228.0 KB 
ID:	498723  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Einsatz u. Dienst Visor for Reichsleitung

Unfortunately, I do not have a light box, so the flash is lightening the color a bit. Here is one under indirect lighting (I need a cloudy day out here in the sunny Southwest, but we do not get too many of those.....)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4517.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	498724  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Pic with flash, but it shows the contrast in color between a standard Form 4 and the EuD.

The wool is a heavy Trikot, but is obviously recycled (there are some flecks that did not attract the dyes):

Name:	IMG_4564.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	498725  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

The lining panels are actually a polished cotton (not rayon). This hat has something I had never encountered before--a wasserdicht panel sandwiched between the wool body and the top lining panel (it is crunchy to the touch):

Name:	IMG_4555.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	498726  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Thanks to my good friend d'alquen and his "magic books" we have identified the maker:

"The 1520 numbers are the series that were issued to Austrian hat makers after the Anschluss in 1938. A2/1520 belonged to Rudolf Pospischek, 35 Adolf Hitler Platz, Ried, Austria."

Interestingly enough (and not coincidentally) Herr Popischek was the Burgermeister of Ried from 1938-45....

Name:	IMG_4544.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	498727  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

If anyone could help with the name, it would be greatly appreciated (appears to be Waiblin?):

Name:	IMG_4551.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	498729  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Hopefully Bob won't mind me posting the "brother" of my cap--his EuD for Gauleitung:

Name:	resigau.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	498730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resireichs.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	498731  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

This thread brought to you by Herr Popischek's father, Ambros:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Per Jeff, the EuD uniform was introduced for wear on March 23, 1944. The reason for the change appears to be an attempt to go with a more "subdued" look as the fortunes of the Reich were collapsing (as well as to get around the sting of the pejorative "goldfasanen."

There are variations of these uniforms, but characteristic of them was the darker color, and the use of hidden buttons (or subdued ones). Many times a political M-43 hat was worn in place of the visor, as seen here in the first picture. (also note the lack of the oakleaves on the armband, and absence of piping around the collar, as compared to the same officer wearing the regular uniform in the second picture):

Name:	L29115-39.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	499128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L29115-42.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	499126  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    The lining panels are actually a polished cotton (not rayon). This hat has something I had never encountered before--a wasserdicht panel sandwiched between the wool body and the top lining panel (it is crunchy to the touch):
    Very interesting.

The heavy trikot is similar to a few Occupied Eastern Territories hats I've handled.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast