Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?

Article about: Looks nice to me! The reason the piping has been passed over by the moths on this one is because its moleskin as opposed to wool...

Default NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?

Hi guys, been looking at political visors for a while and wanted to see what you thought about this rough Ortsgruppen visor.

NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?

The things I like about it is that the blue piping seems to be largely intact/no mothing, that the velvet band isn't "warped" (I don't know if the way the band kind of tapers in at the top on a lot of political visors is an actual design feature or a deformity, don't like the look of it anyway) , the sweatband, although showing wear, seems intact and I think the overall wear gives it the "been there" look that I like.

One thing I'm wondering about though is the strange way the cockade and wreath aren't really aligned properly, could this be a sign of these not being original to the visor itself/replacement insignia? And, of course, is this visor a genuine/original example overall?

Hope someone can help me out, still learning....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?

Certainly a fine original visor cap; I wouldn't worry about the mis-aligned insignia, which is probably just a bit loose...

It is not unusual to find the wreath loose on political hats. I have seen this before on untouched period pieces such as the one you have shown. The loose wreath is more common on pre-1939 pattern caps that had the wreath added to upgrade the cap's insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

So far so good then, thanks guys!

Would I be able to "tighten" up the wreath without messing up the visor too much? Looks kind of "cross-eyed" the way it is now... and other than that, would better photos with more detail be needed for a 100% stamp of approval or do these suffice?

Just want to make sure that my first one is also one of the "good" ones

Just found out that it had already sold... oh well, the search continues. Thanks to Bob and Arran for their help and input

Instead of creating a new thread on the same subject I figured I'd use this one:

So... here's another Orts visor, this one I've had confirmed as still being available No RZM tag though... would this mean private purchase (if genuine/OK that is)?

NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?NSDAP Ortsgruppen visor opinions?

It is a genuine Ortsgruppen cap. It is likely the RZM tag fell out at some point. Private purchase caps would still have the RZM tag as the tax would still be required-especially on a NSDAP related item.
    BOB

Good to hear... thanks, Bob! So, were all NSDAP visors initially required to sport the rzm tag according to regulation?

I like this example because of the shape, slight age patina and the absence of mothing to the piping (the moths certainly seem to looove that blue Orts piping)... maybe I'll go for this one...

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Good to hear... thanks, Bob! So, were all NSDAP visors initially required to sport the rzm tag according to regulation?
    The Reichszugmeisterei inspected and set construction standards for any firm that manufactured items for teh NSDAP or any of their branch organizations. In turn, the manufacturer would attach some form of RZM approved labeling to each item that would indicate by code the manufacturer of the item. On certain items such as insignia, the tag would also have a letter grade to indicate the quality and form of construction. All of these labels indicated a tax that would be paid to the NSDAP. For example, a cotton armband with a "B" code would have less tax than a wool armband with a "D" code. Hand embroidered collar tabs were always a higher grade than machine embroidered. I hope this answers your question.
    BOB

Very interesting and informative..... thank you, Bob. I learn something new each and every day on here thanks to you guys... love it. Maybe I'll be showing off photos of my first PL visor in (hopefully) not too long

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast