Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Political Visor Cap Eagle RZM M1/49 for Review, Please

Article about: Hello, I'd appreciate any opinions on identification and possible value of this item. I inherit my grandpa's old war medals and amongst all Finnish medals I found this eagle and two Iron cro

Default NSDAP Political Visor Cap Eagle RZM M1/49 for Review, Please

Hello,

I'd appreciate any opinions on identification and possible value of this item. I inherit my grandpa's old war medals and amongst all Finnish medals I found this eagle and two Iron crosses he was awarded during the war.

Did I identify it correctly? Thank you for any help on this!

Regards, Broewen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Political Visor Cap Eagle RZM M1/49 for Review, Please   NSDAP Political Visor Cap Eagle RZM M1/49 for Review, Please  

NSDAP Political Visor Cap Eagle RZM M1/49 for Review, Please   NSDAP Political Visor Cap Eagle RZM M1/49 for Review, Please  

NSDAP Political Visor Cap Eagle RZM M1/49 for Review, Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Political Visor Cap Eagle RZM M1/49 for Review, Please
    P
    Many

A nice original cap badge! . Yes NSDAP/SA or possibly for civil use cap reichspost or similar civil organizations. kindest regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    A nice original cap badge! . Yes NSDAP or possibly for civil use cap reichspost or similar civil organizations. kindest regards.

Brian
    Thank you kindly, Brian!

I'm also interested to hear opinions on value if I were to sell it.

Hello value is often at sellers discretion. It's best to look at dealers websites to see what current market asking price is and go from there. Bear in mind they are dealers and are wanting to profit from the sale so it's generally accepted to take 20 percent off asking prices for a collector to collector sale. Myself; with it having family history I would keep it but it's ultimately your decision. I d love to see the crosses when your time permits. Kindest regards.

Brian

The Collector's Guild

Thank you again, Brian. Very much appreciated your help!

CBH
    ?

One thing to note is you posted it in the SS section, this should be in the Political NSDAP section.
    Also you shouldn't move the attachment prongs, these break off easily and would hurt the value if missing.
    As Brian has stated it's a good eagle.

I agree, original eagle.
    They are not specific to the NSDAP--these are most often seen on SA Kepis and HJ Leader visors (after 1938, political leaders wore a gilt version of this eagle.)
    (You will even find them on SS visors on occasion!).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

thank's for posting it.