Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

NSDAP RZM Tag Question

Article about: by BenVK Has anyone else noticed a shift in the collecting interest from "safe" investments to the more interesting examples? I think this is most praiseworthy,,, Absolutely - I ha

Default Re: NSDAP RZM Tag Question

Gentlemen, thanks for your insight. What throws me is the expert application of the white over the black piping. The ones I have seen tend to still show the underlying base color like this one does:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP RZM Tag Question   NSDAP RZM Tag Question  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP RZM Tag Question
    P
    Many

Once more, the Wellhausen and Luftwaffe Verkaufsabteilung catalog speak of caps being piped in different Biesen. That is, apparently one could have a cap remade.

The Gottlieb cap is an example, but plainly in the Swedish example the women involved took the cap apart and re made it, I guess. Puts a big wrench in the assumption that these things were crafted in a single way ca. 193X and remained thus like the pyramids into the present.

It is a good thing your Wellhausen catalog turned up, otherwise the knuckle draggers would have offered some ding bat explanation that would do violence to an interesting and sophisticated piece. These early Wagner caps are interesting, especially those of nice quality as is this one. See the black cap I appended. It was the property of some Herr Dr. Professor racial scientist.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-27-2012 at 05:52 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Gottlieb cap is an example, but plainly in the Swedish example the women involved took the cap apart and re made it, I guess.
    I very much doubt they took the cap apart to re-pipe it all for the cost of 3.90RM. The labour cost would be twice as much as making a new cap from scratch. More likely that they removed the original piping and applied the new without taking the cap apart. How they did it is not clear to me though.

NSDAP RZM Tag QuestionThe Saris book has the cost of these caps, actually, for what little it is worth. In any case, the evidence before us is interesting, to be sure. PS A contemporary discussion of the problem of providing PO d NSDAP figures with a uniform, and its expense, as well as the general issue of thrift is contained in this work. I will not reproduce the actual pages, as it would wreck the book. I have owned this book for forty years...in fact. Go figure. My point being that numerous persons did not have the means to equip themselves and reequip themselves with new uniforms....which suggests that they well likely had their existing items altered and upgraded as requirements changed...and they did frequently.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-28-2012 at 09:28 PM.

?

Neat book FB.

NSDAP RZM Tag Question
    Quote by SteveR View Post
    Neat book FB.
    thanks, I have a lot of them.NSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag QuestionNSDAP RZM Tag Question
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-28-2012 at 07:21 PM.

No kindle or such thingies.

?

I picked up the white piped PL hat from Sweden. I don't have it in hand yet but if there are any shots you would like to see when it arrives I'd be happy to oblige. I was intrigued because it seemed to be, as Chris said, a form III visor with white piping. I'm anxious to see if there is evidence of replaced insignia. Perhaps just using up supplies? or a special request by customer who liked the leather visor look?

Quote by ErichK View Post
    I picked up the white piped PL hat from Sweden. I don't have it in hand yet but if there are any shots you would like to see when it arrives I'd be happy to oblige. I was intrigued because it seemed to be, as Chris said, a form III visor with white piping. I'm anxious to see if there is evidence of replaced insignia. Perhaps just using up supplies? or a special request by customer who liked the leather visor look?
    Thanks. I am sure the cap will form a point of pride and interest in your collection.

?

Has anyone else noticed a shift in the collecting interest from "safe" investments to the more interesting examples?
    I think this is most praiseworthy,,,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast