Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze

Article about: Interesting, Thanks for posting.

Default Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze

Air vents on WH visors were proscribed during the TR, but you will see exceptions to the rule.

This one has police features, in that it has the police-style vent screens and a green underside to the visor.

It also has 2 straps, but most likely a post-war add-on.
    Attached Images Attached Images Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Interresting cap ! Not seen one before with air vents ! Does the air vents go all the way trough the cap/lining ? Or do they stop under the innerlining ? Do you have some foto`s from the inside ? If the air vents are shown on the inside ? Thanks for showing this unusual cap !! SF

Quote by silverfox View Post
    Interresting cap ! Not seen one before with air vents ! Does the air vents go all the way trough the cap/lining ? Or do they stop under the innerlining ? Do you have some foto`s from the inside ? If the air vents are shown on the inside ? Thanks for showing this unusual cap !! SF
    No more pics--cap is on Ebay.

I have found other vented caps where (imo) the venting was done by a tailor after manufacture by request of the soldier.

Ok. Thanks for the answer ! Nice cap ! Is it on the US Ebay ? Do you got one with vents yourself ? SF

No, I do not.

Here is an example of an Erel that had vents put in after it was made:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze   Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  

Here is another WH with the police-style air vents:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  
    Attached Images Attached Images Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze 

Thanks again ! As I said ! Have never seen one with airvents WW2 ! I thougt only post war caps had these air vents ! Thanks for this information ! Now I know ! I simply love this forum !! :-) SF

Interesting Stoney, I have seen a couple of Heer examples with the vents over the years too,
    but I haven't seen an example for quite a while now, thanks for showing !

Bob

This is another feature rarely seen on WH visors--the drawstring sweatband tensioner. Common to KM, but not on WH:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze   Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  

Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze   Odd Heer Infantry Schirmmütze  

?

Good thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast