Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Officer Shako

Article about: I’m thinking of buying his officer shako,does it look ok. I have notice do that the pillow is missing behind the eagle would this make much difference to it’s value .. thanks

Default Officer Shako

I’m thinking of buying his officer shako,does it look ok.
    I have notice do that the pillow is missing behind the eagle would this make much difference to it’s value .. thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer Shako   Officer Shako  

Officer Shako   Officer Shako  

Officer Shako  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer Shako
    P
    Many

It is a true Officer shako, but you are correct, it is missing the pillow that would go behind the eagle.
    (The purpose of these was to make the more detailed/vaulted officer eagle appear flush with the body).
    I can honestly say I think I have seen one loose one for sale in my collecting career.
    I would have to believe that most collectors would want a complete specimen give this fact.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Unbelievably I’ve found an eagle with pillow $230 but this added to the price of the helmet will probably make it an uneconomic purchase ...

Quote by Doohdah View Post
    Unbelievably I’ve found an eagle with pillow $230 but this added to the price of the helmet will probably make it an uneconomic purchase ...ody
    I would agree. The other problem is that not every Officer shako used the same cloth--I have seen them in doeskin; trikot; and even the rougher NCO wool, so the pillow for sale is most likely not a perfect match for the wool on the body.

Default Police shako

I’ve found this one and I think it all looks ok and is quite a bit cheaper but it doesn’t have a makers logo inside,would this be a problem with its value ..thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer Shako   Officer Shako  

Officer Shako  
    Attached Images Attached Images Officer Shako  Officer Shako 

No, no issue with the logo--condition is paramount with these, as they are fragile, and the moths just love that police-green wool.
    Killer piece.

I will be collecting it tomorrow,the guy also has a brand new chinstrap to go with it ,sure will look
    Good with the other 2 ..