Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!!

Article about: For Hitler Headgear Connoisseurs (comic relief welcome!): Fine, black silk, the collar and brim trimmed with black ribbed silk. Equally made of black ribbed silk are the sweatband with initi

Default OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!!

For Hitler Headgear Connoisseurs (comic relief welcome!):

Fine, black silk, the collar and brim trimmed with black ribbed silk. Equally made of black ribbed silk are the sweatband with initials "AH" embossed in gold (slightly rubbed) and the lining with golden maker’s mark "Hutfabrik J.A. Seidl München" and (tr.) "ventilated and pressure-free D.R.G.M." inside the top. Thin, black rubber strap. The folding mechanism still working, minimally worn, the stitching of the silk cover for the crown minimally loosened on one side due to tension.

In the original hat box, which can be adjusted to the size of the top hat in either extended or collapsed condition. On and inside the lid maker’s inscription of the hat factory J.A. Seidl of Munich and label (tr.) "Private property of Adolf Hitler Prinz-Regenten-Platz 16 Munich" inside the lid. Complete with small metal handle and closure band.

After appearing mostly in SA uniform at the end of the 1920s, Hitler changed his style of clothing in the early 1930s and wore primarily suits in dark colours. When he seized power in 1933 and became Reich Chancellor, he wore a dinner jacket and top hat on numerous official occasions and during performances in Bayreuth. The "Führer uniform" designed also in 1933 (in field grey after the war started), however, gradually became prevalent in Hitler’s wardrobe, and he wore suits only for party conferences or on private occasions. All his civilian hats were made by Seidl of Munich, as Karl Wilhelm Krause writes in his book "Kammerdiener bei Hitler" (tr. Valet of Hitler).
    Provenance: Commanding Intelligence Officer of the District Greater Salzburg L. Frankenfield, who confiscated over 40 suitcases containing personal items belonging to Eva Braun, her sister Gretl Braun-Fegelein and Hermann Fegelein, near Salzburg in May 1945. One of the suitcases with objects belonging to Eva Braun also contained this top hat from Hitler’s private residence at Prinzregentenplatz. Together with a photocopy of the confirmation of the sale to an American dealer during the 1970s, including a partial inventory of the items sold.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!!   OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!!  

OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!!   OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!!  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!!
    P
    Many

Oh no!
    It's a fine hat!
    How is the price?

Are they offering an inspection period?

MAP
    ?

Sorry but every time I see these type of hats I think of this.....

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I still think it's a case of mistaken identity with Charlie Chaplin.

Hmmm...stitching does not seem to match.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!!  

!
    Attached Images Attached Images OMG--Another Hitler Hat!!!! 

...now, the eagle on this one is VERY VERY small!

I am very uncomfortable with people who confiscated/stole these items during the war, or their descendants, making vast amounts of money at auction on these Hitler items. Hitler made a will just before his suicide and stated quite clearly who should inherit his property. Surely it is those people or their descendants who should be benefitting from all this.

That’s a very interesting point.......isn’t most Militaria effectively stolen initially?....when being issued with a uniform does one become the owner? Medals are a different thing (and rightly so).....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast