Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütz

Article about: Hey all, Was hoping to get opinions on this Heer Officer Schirmmütz. Posting for a buddy who is at a local auction. Initial opinion is it's authentic, but I'm a novice when it comes to these

?

Default Opinion on Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütz

Hey all,
    Was hoping to get opinions on this Heer Officer Schirmmütz. Posting for a buddy who is at a local auction.

Initial opinion is it's authentic, but I'm a novice when it comes to these caps.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on Heer Infantry Officer Schirmmütz
    P
    Many

Ive got mixed feelings about this, and there's certainly things wrong with it. My feeling is it is an original enlisted mans cap with officers insignia added postwar. The chinstrap dosnt fit and I dont like the eagle at all. The eagle has a black rather than green backing and it crudely sewn on, and rather crudely made. The lining is a little unusual and bothers me a bit. The general appearance of the outside of the cap, the material its made from and the peak strike me as authentic for an enlisted grade cap. Hopefully another member can give a more difinitive opinion.

?

Thanks for the input, Doug. I've passed it onto my friend. Appears to be a lot of suspect German material at this auction.

?

Cap sold for $360 including fees

fake cap in my opinion. I don't like the insides, no celluloid, wrong sweatband and the eagle is bad plus too high on the front so been applied post war....wreath insignia may well be original but I wouldn't welcome it in my collection. You were wise to post it............one to avoid.

Hope that helps, cheers Tony.

?

For anyone who may be interested, link to the completed auction.

Some suspect items, as mentioned before, mixed in with good. All came from one collection, as I understand.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=118283

?

Quote by spandau View Post
    fake cap in my opinion. I don't like the insides, no celluloid, wrong sweatband and the eagle is bad plus too high on the front so been applied post war....wreath insignia may well be original but I wouldn't welcome it in my collection. You were wise to post it............one to avoid.

Hope that helps, cheers Tony.
    Thanks, Tony! I appreciate your help!