Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on collecting Cloth headgear

Article about: Hey guys I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I soon want to extend my collection from just steel helmets to also cloth headgear. I really like the M43 Caps and Visor caps. Any advice

Default Opinions on collecting Cloth headgear

Hey guys I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I soon want to extend my collection from just steel helmets to also cloth headgear. I really like the M43 Caps and Visor caps. Any advice for starting? And pictures of you guys’s Collection of cloth headgear is also welcomed. thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on collecting Cloth headgear
    P
    Many

Try the claissifieds here or go with one of the recommended dealers. One tip. Start with a common visor - not some high end example. It will help you get a feel for the construction and quality. Easy examples of the Schirmmütze to locate include Heer infantry and Luftwaffe flak. Here is a Heer visor I picked up a few years ago. The Adler was missing but I replaced it. NH

Opinions on collecting Cloth headgear

Hi welcome to the world of cloth headgear. be warned that just like collecting helmets the militaria world is full of nice surprises and fakes ! Neil is spot on with his advice start with the basics and build your knowledge about the subject. Don't rush in like some guys do thinking they will start with an SS generals cap ! This forum is the best source of knowledge that I know of, Stonemint has produced the most comprehensive library of good, bad and plain ugly caps from all branches of service. Also buy some good reference books, there is a thread here of which ones other collectors recommend.

Good luck with your collecting and we will help if you need us.

cheers

Tony

Be carful it can become addictive...………..

Opinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgear

Oh my gosh... Do you think you have enough yet lol?!? Nice collection!!!!!!

CBH
    ?

Firstly you should become a paying member of the forum, this opens up many great threads in the headgear section.
    Guilds to detecting both real and fake TR headgear. It's well worth the 25$.

?

Cloth Headgear is a must ! I'm partial to the m43's and Polizei in general. If you're planning on collecting different branches then I suggest Luftwaffe side caps and M43's for a start. They are less expensive and abundantly available while still very pleasing to look at. Looking forward to seeing what you pick up. BTW, you opened a can of worms asking collectors to show their stuff LOL. This is what we do best ! This may end up being a very long thread. Here is a sample of my madness. Enjoy

Good Luck, Al

Opinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgearOpinions on collecting Cloth headgear

TWS
    ?

Giants77, tried to respond to your PM but your inbox is full.

The following errors occurred with your submission
    Giants77 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

CBH
    ?

Membership also clears that up.

Incredible collections guys, thank you for sharing.....amazing !
    Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast