Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

original german helmets/hats/etc

Article about: hello all, just wanted to post some pictures of some real german items for auction/sale just recently. my friend in colorado went to this sale. this is the only picture he sent me but are ar

Default Re: original german helmets/hats/etc

Hi Mike, several issues to address here.

First off, there are some good items shown in the picture of the Vets hall.

I would agree with Jerry that that the Tropenhelm is a Heer issue example. Looks like the eagle has lost it's silver finish? By regualtion the helmet either had the wappen (Shields) or the large eagle and not really both.

KM pattern wappen had no raised border around the edge.

The one in the last pic is KM pattern helmet, note the wappen. But the large eagle is a British made fake from the 1970's. See how the swastika is out of alignment and sits crooked within the wreath? Also note the cheap looking plated finish.

A true KM pattern Tropenhelm will be lined in green and not red like the Heer issues.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original german helmets/hats/etc
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, several issues to address here.

First off, there are some good items shown in the picture of the Vets hall.

I would agree with Jerry that that the Tropenhelm is a Heer issue example. Looks like the eagle has lost it's silver finish? By regualtion the helmet either had the wappen (Shields) or the large eagle and not really both.

KM pattern wappen had no raised border around the edge.

The one in the last pic is KM pattern helmet, note the wappen. But the large eagle is a British made fake from the 1970's. See how the swastika is out of alignment and sits crooked within the wreath? Also note the cheap looking plated finish.

A true KM pattern Tropenhelm will be lined in green and not red like the Heer issues.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi, as Ade said, the second one shown is a km helmet with km shields. The 2nd pattern KM-my nomenclature-is quite well documented, I have one and there are others, see the one in Ken N's helmet book. These have red under the dome and under the brim is the same color as the rest of the helmet, but they have the dark brown leather trim. They are slightly green in color, but fade to a tan. You might notice that mine has never been badged.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original german helmets/hats/etc   original german helmets/hats/etc  

?

Ade,

thanks for the info on this navy ptih.

I have to go back to my books before posting items and make sure.

tough sometimes as their are varations and I am still learning.

thanks for your help as always.

mike k.

Where in colorado is this sale? I live in colorado and would like to check it out

Is the SS helmet still available? If so, who can I call to discuss a possible purchase? Thanks, Jim G.

?

sorry all and thanks for the interest,

the sale is over and I am not sure I can the SS - I will check.
    thanks mike k.

I wish I were rich and retired at the age of 19, then I would spend my money on this kind of stuff. I am so jealous.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread,

Can anyone identify this cap, to me it is neither Kaiser nor Reichsmarine although at some stage a Kreigsmarine Eagle has been added. It has been in my family for at least 70 years. My father's family were predominantly Military Navy, perhaps this is German Merchant Marine, I just don't know.

Kind regards, Grant.original german helmets/hats/etcoriginal german helmets/hats/etc

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Hi Mike, that is a very nice pith, but I would like to say that its a 1st pattern Heer pith, with green leather trim and chin strap. The eagle on the front is a KM example and might have been added at any time. It is probably period applied, but it would be hard to be certain and I have never seen one with heer shields and a km eagle, though there are many things I've never seen.
    A very nice pith either way and thanks for showing it.

VonBond
    A beautiful example in my opinion.
    I agree with you Jerry, would love to get my hands on that pith helmet.

?

A proper Kreiugsmarine tropical helmet eagle.
    Pete.
    original german helmets/hats/etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2