MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Orts Level NSDAP Visor Cap

Article about: Thinking about getting into my first headpiece. Does this visor look good? Description says: Shows light honest age and use, with only one tiny hole on one side. The visor is slightly missha

Default Orts Level NSDAP Visor Cap

Thinking about getting into my first headpiece. My wife is willing to get this for my Christmas present. It seems odd getting a NSDAP visor for Christmas, but I can't complain.

Does this visor look like a good value? Warping to the bill doesn't seem too awful, and perhaps it can be reshaped back? Other than that, looks quite clean to my untrained eye.

Description says: Shows light honest age and use, with only one tiny hole on one side. The visor is slightly misshaped , but still looks good. Overall, its. a nice later war cap witch has never been fixed or worked on and will display fine.

Price: $500

Your wisdom and experience is immeasurably appreciated!

Orts Level NSDAP Visor CapOrts Level NSDAP Visor CapOrts Level NSDAP Visor CapOrts Level NSDAP Visor CapOrts Level NSDAP Visor CapOrts Level NSDAP Visor CapOrts Level NSDAP Visor Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orts Level NSDAP Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Good value IMO, minty ones without any flaws run in the 7-900 range for an Orts, there should be an RZM tag under the inside liner, here is mine on display, good luck!
    Orts Level NSDAP Visor CapOrts Level NSDAP Visor Cap

Thanks Maximus. This would be my first visor, so I feel like it would be a good start. I don't know what condition this would grade at, but I'm guessing maybe excellent, with the visor warping being the only significant defect?

I have to say, I love your setup. That detolf looks really sharp in that picture, with well placed items. Nice job! The other visor I'd like to pick up would be a Wehrmacht visor like the one you have below the Orts. That one looks like you found a real nice one for that example too! My pet peeve on these visors is mothing on the material and piping. It seems like it's not easy to find hats that are moth free, which is what struck me as something nice about this Orts visor.

?

A good value for the cap. I would buy it at that price.

I agree that the price is quite reasonable for an Ortsgruppen level cap in this condition. For clarity, "Orts" is a made up and inaccurate collector word that was never used in the period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I always assumed "Orts" was just an abbreviation people used.... In any case, I was able to secure the visor. Germany has officially invaded my Christmas tree (which still seems kind of weird)!

Will the maker be identified on the RZM tag BTW?

I like that Ortsgruppe visor as well -- like others have said, great value for the money... I sold mine for $650 or something. Either way, these are great collectibles and you'll definitely be surprised at how good these look in hand (if you haven't before , that is). Congrats!

As an aside; Would it be Ortsgruppe or Ortsgruppen when referring to these related physical items? Been wondering for a while now...

Nice hat with a reasonable price. You can remove the warping of the visor by using a hair-dryer according to Ben VK.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks Stonemint, I was hoping that might be the case. Is Ben VK a member of the forum that I might PM and ask about how close and how hot the air from the hair dryer should be when heating it up? I'm always afraid I might overheat and melt something.