Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Panzer Caps

Article about: by locloc08 I think it's actually a general staff or veterinarian's cap. The piping is in my opinion closer crimson/carmine than it is to the artillery red. This seemed more evident in hand

Default Re: Panzer Caps

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    I think it's actually a general staff or veterinarian's cap. The piping is in my opinion closer crimson/carmine than it is to the artillery red. This seemed more evident in hand than perhaps it comes off in my photos. It is of course not quite the hue you'd expect out of typical examples of these caps. I thought it was artillery at first myself but have been convinced otherwise. It is an interesting cap. And it does come out of a prominent collection with many scarce and obscure pieces, for what it is worth, though that is of course no guarantee of anything. We could both be mistaken. I, as always, give your inputs particular attention.
    One way to compare would be put the bottom cap next to the collar patches of a general officer. In any case, it might well be veterinarian. In any case, a nice cap and this struggle over colors in the photos is very circular. Thank you for showing. I used to have many more army caps, including Tellermuetzen in their variety, but I dumped almost all of them.
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

For sure, this thread is for Panzer caps at any rate, like that nice example of yours with the silver chincord and leather peak. If you're feeling particularly generous I'd love to see more of it. Its brother is nice too.

The cap with the silver wire (versus alu wire) Muetzenkordel and leather peak is a general staff cap, as its mate in the image. I do not have any more images of these.

The electric pictures are misleading. Without getting into too many details, my life means that I spend time around present day general staff officers as well as Panzer officers, as well as artillery officers who wear more or less the same branch colors as in former times. Hence, this experience guides my generalizations in addition to said colors.

My wife has a better camera, and one day I will compare the Pz and Generalstaebler caps for the pleasure of all.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	606 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	309679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	309680

the swatches on the left are dt. Heer of blessed memory, and the right are those of the Heer of the FRG.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The cap with the silver wire (versus alu wire) Muetzenkordel and leather peak is a general staff cap, as its mate in the image...

...My wife has a better camera, and one day I will compare the Pz and Generalstaebler caps for the pleasure of all.

Ah, d'oh. Looking forward to it! Until then, happy piping and colored swatch exegesis. And everyone feel free to post more Pz caps (or any nice things, really). ;-)

Panzer cap with bullion wreath............Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panzer3.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	310944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panzer4.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	310945  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panzer5.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	310946  

Very Nice! - Nick K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12