Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer Caps

Article about: by locloc08 I think it's actually a general staff or veterinarian's cap. The piping is in my opinion closer crimson/carmine than it is to the artillery red. This seemed more evident in hand

Default Panzer Caps

Hi, friends, I was wondering if we could get a thread going devoted to Pz caps, as I didn't come across one.

The cap on the left isn't mine, though it could have been. I enjoyed studying it. It is a piece that isn't seen very often, so I've included it for the benefit of all. I doubt the owner would mind.

Best,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Caps   Panzer Caps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Caps
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer Caps

Panzer CapsPanzer CapsPanzer Capsthe lower Tellermuetze is artillery. Here are Pz caps.

Hurrah ! Good idea

here's an officer's .............

Panzer Caps

and one for an NCO who was KIA in Russia whilst serving with panzer regt. 11 during the counter attack to relieve the 6th army at stalingard in late 1942.

Panzer Caps

cheers

tony

To FB and my namesake, very nice caps.. Additional thanks to FB for the fascinating index of Waffenfarben.

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    To FB and my namesake, very nice caps.. Additional thanks to FB for the fascinating index of Waffenfarben.
    happy to oblige. Dimas found the snippets of cloth in the note book.

The example that I used to own, long gone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Caps  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I will post mine here as well.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Caps   Panzer Caps  

Panzer Caps  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Panzer CapsPanzer CapsPanzer CapsPanzer CapsHere are the descriptions of facing cloth in the year 1935. Note Nr. 804. I include Dimas' item, which includes snippets of this piping cloth as well as other samples of cloth of the era.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    lower Tellermuetze is artillery.
    I think it's actually a general staff or veterinarian's cap. The piping is in my opinion closer crimson/carmine than it is to the artillery red. This seemed more evident in hand than perhaps it comes off in my photos. It is of course not quite the hue you'd expect out of typical examples of these caps. I thought it was artillery at first myself but have been convinced otherwise. It is an interesting cap. And it does come out of a prominent collection with many scarce and obscure pieces, for what it is worth, though that is of course no guarantee of anything. We could both be mistaken. I, as always, give your inputs particular attention.

Panzer CapsPanzer CapsPanzer CapsPanzer CapsPanzer CapsThere are several reds, actually, as you can see from my table. This here is general staff carmine. The Pz cap in the foreground of the bottom picture stands near these general staff caps. These pictures are never complete, and, one hardly need add, these colors change with time so that it is often difficult to know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast