Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzer Officer's Schirmütze

Article about: If you know me from the "other" forum, you know I am a Pekuro fan. This one is a late war Panzer Officer's visor, with original insignia. One of the reason I like Pekuros is becaus

Default Panzer Officer's Schirmütze

If you know me from the "other" forum, you know I am a Pekuro fan. This one is a late war Panzer Officer's visor, with original insignia.

One of the reason I like Pekuros is because they use a double spring system, which helps retain their shape--there is a spring which is inbuilt into the crown piping, and then the standard inner removable spring on the inside. Even late-war, these hats still had proud peaks:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Officer's Schirmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Officer's Schirmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Panzer Officer's Schirmütze

This one probably dates to 1944. Pekuro (like Erel) switched to a heavy Trikot for all their late-war hats.

Insignia is the later-war zinc type as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Officer's Schirmütze   Panzer Officer's Schirmütze  

The top ring of piping is still thicker than the middle and bottom rings at this stage in the war.

BTW, period TR Panzer pink piping will fluoresce under black light--try it if you have one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Officer's Schirmütze   Panzer Officer's Schirmütze  

The lack of a sweatdiamond is another distinguishing feature of these late-war Pekkys. However, they still used the velvet Stirndruckfrei system:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Officer's Schirmütze  

& lastly, the "under the hood" shot. Pekuro was one of the few to use leather sweatbands on their Extramuetzen up to the end of the war. The pleats and the grease-pencil size marking are classic Pekuro:

Not my area of collecting, but I can certainly appreciate a superb surviving piece such as this. Beautiful cap

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Beautiful cap and great details/information with the photos.

Thank you for sharing it.

Jay

Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

The pics I took didn't do the hat justice--this one shows how the officer squared off the peak:

That cap is fantastic.

However, how do you (they) square off the peak?

I am familiar with the term "crusher" and I have reshaped a few soft caps in my time, but I am not familiar with this term.

The shiny visor is in Superb condition! As it the rest of the hat, of course! Looks like it came right out of the uniform shop yesterday! Beautiful hat. Thanks for posting. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast