Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Panzer Visor cap?

Article about: Hi guys. What opinions about this visor? Thanks, Jurgen

also the weight of the textiles is key, here, that is it is a cap weight Tuch versus that of another garment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Visor cap?
    P
    Many

I owned and sold to Shea a Feldgendarmerie cap not unlike this of a man promoted to officer in the summer of 1944.

I cannot really tell with the images you proffer, but I would not dismiss it out of hand. It is simply not a cap of, say, Lubstein quality of the year 1938 or 1939.

Our ErWeSa is a very skilled theoretician and practitioner of capology.

Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?I own a few Army hats, actually.

by peak I mean the lacquered visor.

The thing puts me in mind of the final gasp Schellenberg caps, which we have included here.

In any case, based on the evidence at hand, that's what I think. So often with these inquiries, the pictures are never enough.

One has to handle the thing, and then it is obvious.

This piece would also show real age, if it were authentic, and even not heavily used.

?

Thanks, F.-B. for taking so much time to discuss this cap! Late(est) war issue is what I thought of, too. Ersatz materials, compromise with many steps of workmanship formerly unthinkable of lead to an unusual but sometimes not unattractive look. And, what is most surprising, despite all these economisations, these caps still exist without fallling apart.

thanks Friedrich-Berthold for detailed comments to it.

I will ask the friend to make additional necessary photos.

Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?Panzer Visor cap?
    Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Thanks, F.-B. for taking so much time to discuss this cap! Late(est) war issue is what I thought of, too. Ersatz materials, compromise with many steps of workmanship formerly unthinkable of lead to an unusual but sometimes not unattractive look. And, what is most surprising, despite alle these economisations, these caps still exist.

You are a man of great insight and subtle command of obscure details, and we salute you.

Electric pictures are not really the balm to human kind argued by some.

I would have to feel the thing, look at it with a loupe, where you see real age, and sniff it..

It should smell old.

Merry Christmas and happy hats. And, first impressions are not always right, but what I write here is an opinion without examining the thing.

Hence, I am speculating.

This was someone's extra cap, and not used very much, and somehow, it survived.

It does seem to have been worn and the sweat stain looks authentic from what I can peer at through the mist.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast