Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Paul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze

Article about: From one of my distinguished pen pals, Mr Paul Sack, come these images of an early grey SS cap with the runic interior, something we don't see too much, the bulk of such early caps being for

Default Paul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze

From one of my distinguished pen pals, Mr Paul Sack, come these images of an early grey SS cap with the runic interior, something we don't see too much, the bulk of such early caps being for the other ranks.
    This one has a bright model Overhoff Totenschaedel, too. Paul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

These are all the images I have of said item.

?

Paul indeed has some nice SS examples F-B, this one is unique as said.

Paul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützeI have something not dissimilar. And also somewhat worn, but still of the early epoch. How early I cannot really say, but from 1936 or so onward.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-29-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Paul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze
    Quote by DougB View Post
    Paul indeed has some nice SS examples F-B, this one is unique as said.
    Thanks, and we are at pains to add to the visual treasury for our readers of excellent and arcane material.
    Some of us have long cherished an interest in the pre-1939 SS uniform in all its dizzying variety.

Paul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützePaul Sack early grey SS SchirmmützeYou look at these images of such figures in 1936 and 1937, and my wild a$$ guess is these caps are similar to the enclosure, but what if they had a picture of Eva Brau or Micky Mouse emblazoned inside?
    That would be something to shake things up, surely.

Thanks to Paul Sack for including us in his search. I have also been at pains today to add some nice material versus all the Schund, Schrott and Tandel that has heaped up recently.

This is the typical Schund which we see all the time and which makes me very tired. Paul Sack early grey SS Schirmmütze
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-29-2013 at 02:36 AM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I have something not dissimilar. And also somewhat worn, but still of the early epoch. How early I cannot really say, but from 1936 or so onward.
    Superb. I too enjoy the prewar and evolutionary artifacts of the era over wartime examples. They indeed tell a story.

Thanks. I never cared for the last ditch 1944 kind of thing for whatever reason, not the least since the Klamotten were always beat up and grimy, and in the late 1960s and early 1970s, there were shiny, less used things and that somehow seemed more appealing. To each his own, really. My taste hardly needs to be the norm.

I also am perfectly happy with very hum drum Allgemeine SS material, too, frankly. Auch sehr schoen.

As a professional, I have also been seized by the means of the construction of the Nazi state in six years time wit the swift evolution of the SS in its various roles of state terror and control and integration and formation of an elite and on and on, a fairly compelling story which for me has lost none of its bite or hypnotic aspect.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-29-2013 at 06:43 PM.

?

Thanks to Paul for allowing us to see this rare Officers cap. The high up placement of the eagle is noteworthy.
    Wonderful Bundesarchiv photos as well, thanks FB.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast