Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police shako

Article about: Just bought this for \\$160 usd, did i pay to much?

Default Police shako

Just bought this for $160 usd, did i pay to much?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police shako   Police shako  

Police shako  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police shako
    P
    Many

Default Re: Police shako

It's probably about the rate for one in this condition, a nice complete one is around $500 I think. The problem is, if you intend to restore it to something that looks a lot better it's gonna take a lot of time finding the correct pieces, and also cost a lot more than you may think. If your happy to leave it in a semi relic condition fine, but if you are looking at putting it somewhat near right, well, I'd say it wasn't worth the time and expense, but wait to see what others say.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

You will need a cockcade & proper leather chinstrap for the shako.You would have been better off buying a nice complete EM. at a show or from a fellow collector.Probably you could have a nice one in ex. condition for around $500 or so.Buying something that needs parts is not the way to go unless its something very rare and then you must buy it dirt cheap.JUST MY OPINION.Carl

I just thought it was a nice display piece, i'm more into combat helmets, maybe if i come across the missing pieces in the future i'll pick them up and fully restore it, thanks for you comments.

I think you did alright. I probably would have paid that for it.
    The badge alone would cost almost that much.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi

I think you did ok too. I got one in a lot worse condition than that and it restored very nicely and they do make nice display pieces.

The bits you need will come along in time.

Good luck with the project.

tony

Question, ww1 pickelhaube straps look simular, would one of those work?

should do.

Other option is to look for a post war one from a 1950/1960,s police shako....

never see one with black swaztika

Hi, If you remember i gave my opinion about the EM shako and i have some info that you might be interested in.A company named REDDICK MILITARY makes parts for your shako.I have one of there older catalogs and a EM chinstap & cockade will cost you $43.50 in this catalog.You could send for their latest catalog and its $5.The phone # is 1-800-786-6210.Hope that will help you!Carl ps.I did say it was better to buy a complete piece,but that doesn't mean i wouldn't help you if i find out something to aid you.Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast