Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Political Visor

Article about: Hello everyone, I have been provided some photos of a political visor selling on a popular auction site. The owner has given permission to share the photos for discussion. Here is the auctio

Default Political Visor

Hello everyone, I have been provided some photos of a political visor selling on a popular auction site. The owner has given permission to share the photos for discussion. Here is the auction link:100% original Ortsgruppenfuhrer WK2 Schirmmutze - eBay (item 160292418394 end time Oct-25-08 10:35:37 PDT)

Here are the photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Political Visor   Political Visor  

Political Visor   Political Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Visor
    P
    Many

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: Political Visor

Vary nice one

?

Looks like a model 39 Ortslevel Visor, it does have some mothing on the upper blue piping but still an original hat.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

The cap is also an A1 81, i.e. Robert Lubstein, Berlin, as in eReL.

It is not a Stirmdrueckfrei cap, obviously, or at least does not have the Lubstein air cushion thingy.

But it is a Lubstein cap all the same.

Lubstein also made black and grey SS caps, to say nothing of all the other types to include the postal service. The often read secondary work purports that Lubstein only contracted caps for the armed forces (and hence distanced itself from the NSDAP and its branches), but this assertion is a glaring and tendentious error.

Happy collecting. Moths seem to love the blue piping of Ortsgruppenleitung peaked caps.

?

Very good one, interesting to see the end results...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Unfortunately the auction site pulled the sell. The seller indicated his asking price was 660 pounds, shipping included. I have encouraged him to join the forum and offer the visor for sell on this site. I have his email address and have been permitted to share it but will not do so unless I receive a PM. Disclaimer: I do not know this seller, nor do I have anything to gain from the sell of his property. My desire is to share with members of this forum.

Good cap !