Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Political visor-ortsgruppen Leader

Article about: Hello forum. I have the oppertunity to buy This political visor for a reasonoble Price. Would like some opinions on it Seller honestly Tell that sweatband Is been replaced.. not by him. But

Default Political visor-ortsgruppen Leader

Hello forum.

I have the oppertunity to buy
    This political visor for a reasonoble Price.

Would like some opinions on it
    Seller honestly Tell that sweatband
    Is been replaced.. not by him.

But beside the sweatband everything
    Looks ok?

Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political visor-ortsgruppen Leader
    P
    Many

Hello Ullergaard. I think you are correct the cap at one time looks to have been original, as the cap body material, band, and piping look period to me... But I think it has much more than just the sweatband replaced. The vulcanfiber visor's condition doesn't match the rest of the cap I think it was replaced and put on crooked, compare to the orientation of the sweat shield. The badges have imo been replaced as the wear on them is inconsistent with one another. It's also missing it's interior lining and has been oddly shaped (probably due to the visor replacement). The cap is essentially pieced together poorly, and what quality it once had is gone. However beauty is in the eye of the restorer. Best regards.

Brian

Further review the lining looks intact just covered by the replaced sweatband. Also the chinstrap buttons look replaced as well probably postwar fakes.

Thank you Brian

This is the original text to the visor:

WW2 German NSDAP visor cap
    WW2 NSDAP visor cap in very worn condition 100% genuine original insignia inside of cap complete but sine lots of use and IMO period replaced sweat band original peak showing distress to left hand side front stiffner absent still complete with oilcloth RZM label and still has wire stiffner to crown on moth has its original chin cords still looks the part and displays well...

So it is mentioned about the vulcanfiber visor
    And the pictures dont do it much Justice i think..
    So maybe it is just out of shape cause to the sewing on a new sweatband perhaps?

Best regards your name brother!!
    Brian Ullergaard

Lol from one Brian to the next. In fairness you can't say the seller is lying just twisting the truth maybe. I agree the badges and visor look original just not to this cap. The visor top should be brown. And yup I'm sure the misshapen appearance is mostly due to the visor misplacement and they probably did something to take the stiffeners place hence the irregular saddle or lack there of. It looks more like a South Korean cap with that straight up rise in the front and sides and flat top. Best regards.

Brian

Images from collectors guild

Political visor-ortsgruppen Leader

Once more Thank you for the opinion
    Brian..

I see what you mean..
    It was meant to go with my sa dagger collection
    But Think i Will pass on it.
    Any other opinions welcome
    Best regards
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Brian!
    I did find a similar cap in the beater visor
    Cap tread page 5 Down bottom.. which
    Has the same texture and colour to the fabric as this one..
    and the shape:-)

Yup Brian. I assume you mean this one? Probably what your cap looked like before the makeover. I love the beater thread! That's all thanks to the hard work by Mr Stonemint!! An excellent thread that probably made the salty hat appealing to a section of collectors who would otherwise find them repulsive. Just one of the many of his fine works around here!

Brian

Political visor-ortsgruppen LeaderPolitical visor-ortsgruppen Leader