Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Polizei M43 cap

Article about: 5 holes in a wartime example of so I've always been told. Could be yet another collectors myth if we look hard enough.

Default Re: Polizei M43 cap

A thread should be started with "Collecting Rules of Thumb"-it would be a whole lot easier and simpler for many collectors to review and memorize. Just a thought... William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We try William but there are a million things to consider and remember when collecting these things, not all of them, "rules by thumb".
    However, if there is anything you want to specify and discuss in particular, feel free to do so and we shall do our best.

well we can now add this to the handbook. A wartime example of an edelweiss badge should have 5 holes and a straight stem. This is what it should look like. i also included a link for nice bergmutze with an original badge. I learned something new today and I can put this to rest. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6496_01.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	241126

The Collector's Guild

,...sometimes, in an area of interest,...things come to us,..due to our interest in things past,..worn by those who used them in times past,...perhaps it validates their existence,..and causes us to consider the time and circumstances they lived,...which brings us full circle to our own humanity and mortality and why these artifacts were initially collected decades ago, is, I think, a good thing,...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123