Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei visor cap and SS tunic

Article about: Also seen during my stay in Seattle, a Polizei visor (with a bit of moth damage) sitting on an interesting W-SS Polizei Division "Der Spiess" tunic, mis-matched piping between the

Default Polizei visor cap and SS tunic

Also seen during my stay in Seattle, a Polizei visor (with a bit of moth damage) sitting on an interesting W-SS Polizei Division "Der Spiess" tunic,
    mis-matched piping between the tunic and the cap, but posting it for interest sake.... (I think that cuff title is fairly rare).

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei visor cap and SS tunic   Polizei visor cap and SS tunic  

Polizei visor cap and SS tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei visor cap and SS tunic
    P
    Many

?

That was a rare bird. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Bob--
    Thanks for posting this.
    Did you get any interior photos of the visor?
    There are no regulations that I am aware of for police having gray band piping and yellow crown piping--very odd combination.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

No other photos, it was a fairly quick photo shoot, as this stuff basically has never seen the light of day since it went into that collection, it took me a week to
    talk the owner into letting me do these photos.....

Bob

TWS
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    No other photos, it was a fairly quick photo shoot, as this stuff basically has never seen the light of day since it went into that collection, it took me a week to
    talk the owner into letting me do these photos.....

Bob
    Hey Bob, thanks for posting. Very unusual hat there.

Nothing personal against your friend because he has a lot of company, but it's a shame so many collectors are "secret squirrels" who hoard away items in secret and seem very socially stunted in that they don't interface with other collectors, either on-line or in-person, and never show any items from their collections. So much more knowledge could be exchanged and gained if these guys would interact with their collecting peers more.

Sorry for the rant, but I've encountered that "type" of collector more than once. Thankfully I've also made a lot of great friends through this hobby who have graciously played "show and tell" and educated me on their items many times (You being one of them). But... you also observe the occasional socially awkward pack rat, scuttling quickly down the aisles of militaria shows, talking very little to anyone and not making eye contact. The other collectors whisper rumors of some large collection, kept under lock and key in a dark basement, never shown to anyone. Then come joking references to Gollum, sitting alone, fondling his items and murmuring "my precious... my precious" while casting paranoid glances over his shoulder.