Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?

Article about: Gentlemen, it would be possible to identify the manufacturer from the photographs ?? Any leads would be seen ?? You think the eagle and wreath were replaced? Thank you very much and I await

Thumbs up Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?

Gentlemen, it would be possible to identify the manufacturer from the photographs ?? Any leads would be seen ??
    You think the eagle and wreath were replaced?
    Thank you very much and I await your comments.
    Astrath
    PS: What would probably be the year of manufacture ?? A bet on it?

Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?   Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?  

Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?   Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?  

Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?
    P
    Many

the 5 below pictures are in high resolution. I ended up putting the images in low resolution.

Any thoughts on this cap ??
    Many thanks.
    Astrath

Without the cello sweat shield it is difficult to say, as the cap is not especially characteristic of some of the well known makers.

I had an August Mueller artillery cap which looked rather similar to this, one of pre war make.

I would only suggest that your cap is of pre war style worksmanship and materials.

Look if there is a leather good stamp on the sweat band or a unit mark on the sweat band.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Without the cello sweat shield it is difficult to say, as the cap is not especially characteristic of some of the well known makers.

I had an August Mueller artillery cap which looked rather similar to this, one of pre war make.

I would only suggest that your cap is of pre war style worksmanship and materials.

Look if there is a leather good stamp on the sweat band or a unit mark on the sweat band.

I'll put a few more images.

a
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?   Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?  

Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?   Is it possible to identify the manufacturer?  

I will let Mr. Mint comment on all of this, as he follows this kind of thing more than I.

The cap is or is not 59 cms in size.

The field grey cap cover is of a color and quality I associate with an earlier rather than later period.

The doeskin textile more or less became less common as the war time strictures took hold.

- - ------- - -

but what I write is speculation, and an informed guess.

The past contains many things that we cannot know.

The cap is authentic. That is the only real issue.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I will let Mr. Mint comment on all of this, as he follows this kind of thing more than I.

The cap is or is not 59 cms in size.

The field grey cap cover is of a color and quality I associate with an earlier rather than later period.

The doeskin textile more or less became less common as the war time strictures took hold.

- - ------- - -

but what I write is speculation, and an informed guess.

The past contains many things that we cannot know.

The cap is authentic. That is the only real issue.
    Thank you for all the information, all this is very interesting.
    I do not know if measured in the right places, but it seems, 57.5 or 58 and not 59cm.
    I do not know if I am measuring correctly.
    I'll get one is adhesive to properly measure, but I wonder if caught on the edge or inside.
    Thank you so much.

Putting a tape on the sweatband, he measured around 57 to 57.5 cm measurement was made in the sewing sweatband, throughout circumferenc the seam along the flap as well.
    Not reached 59cm.
    This is a problem? My goodness.
    Thank you very much

MAP
    ?

I would await further input from those with more knowledge than me, but I think that Erel used a similar perforated sweatband. I do not know if others did as well. I'm sure they did.

Edit: Well I will correct what I posted above. Yes, other manufactures used this perforated type liner band.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast