Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Post Your cap displays please

Article about: Hello the forum hard to find a nice cap display, a war room is a real hobby, I search lot of idea for my new displays, please look my room and please give me a comment... or please post your

Despite an extensive search of reference works the only information I can find on them is in Vol. 1 of Headgear of Hitler’s Germany by Halcomb, Saris and Spronk.
    On page 278 they show pictures of five and note, “for a short period of time (dates unknown) piped versions were produced and worn. In these cases, the branch colour (waffenfarbe) was sewn to the leading edge of the flap. In a privately published insignia and uniform booklet (dated 1942), a red piped field cap is illustrated, but little is known about this model field cap”.

Brian Davis makes mention of them in his book on the Luftwaffe.

This is the cap I purchased. It was advertised as a Flak Regt with the red piping but I thought it may have been a Female Signals. I'm now leaning toward Flak Regt as evidence emerges that they existed, it has the tricolor and the Female Signals waffenfarbe is supposed to be more of a golden brown than red.

But, I have found several photos of the Luftwaffenhelferin with caps that have the tricolor indicting they did not strictly adhere to regulations or were wearing men’s caps, maybe because of availability.

It has been quite interesting researching this cap. I suspect it will always be controversial.

Post Your cap displays please Post Your cap displays pleasePost Your cap displays please

Post Your cap displays pleasePost Your cap displays pleasePost Your cap displays please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your cap displays please
    P
    Many

?

Very Interesting, I have seen references made to some "early" caps with branch waffenfarbe, you just don't see them that often. I would be confident that the cap is authentic.

Post Your cap displays pleasePost Your cap displays please

Here is one available on this website ; RED PIPED LUFTWAFFE OVERSEAS CAP

?

I posted on this thread 9 years ago. My collection of caps has grown considerably so here are some updated photo's...

Incredible collection Aldo. I started placing black socks over my styrofoam heads to protect the caps from the styrofoam. Leather especially seems to have a tendency to stick.

?

Hey Aldo, I love the SS display. How did you shape your fez? I filled it with bubble wrap but it can be better.

?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Hey Aldo, I love the SS display. How did you shape your fez? I filled it with bubble wrap but it can be better.
    I use this light metal hatstand which seems to put just the right amount of pressure on the sweatband to keep it from collapsing. The upper part can also be filled with whatever appropriate material you decide to fill the gap. I didn't have to fill mine as it's pretty sturdy. I thought you ordered a stand for your Fez ? Al

?

Quote by Douglas View Post
    Incredible collection Aldo. I started placing black socks over my styrofoam heads to protect the caps from the styrofoam. Leather especially seems to have a tendency to stick.
    Thanks Douglas, I usually only use the foam heads on the overseas and m43 caps that don't have a leather sweatband. I prefer glass for my visors

Al

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I thought you ordered a stand for your Fez ? Al

I did. It should any day now in the mail. In the meantime I am looking for a glass casing so moths don't destroy my cloth items. Do you use any lavender or moth balls in your war room?

?

Good idea. I just take my chances but I do have some cedar chips scattered about. Hard to say I’ve never really had a moth problem. I only have my SS caps in a case because they cost so much. The other caps I like to handle them a lot and rearrange the display.

Dos
    ?

Nice display and collection Aldo. You have a lot going on there! Really like the glass mannequin heads, especially the skull ones.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast