Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Post your favorite cap!

Article about: The Pz cap in the foreground is not the point of this post below. I own a Mueller/Dachauerstrasse army general staff cap with a leather peak and silver wire (real silver wire) Effekten which

Default Re: Post your favorite cap!

Thank you. Well, nobody has the power to them of predicting the future, so you probably made that collector very happy by selling the cap to him
    Was it a Shirmmütze für Korvettenkapitän, I wonder? I shall continue my hunt for one.
    Happy hats and Merry Christmas.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Had I known at the time that you wanted one, I would have rather sold it to you than the glamor dealer, but I cannot even recall when I sold it, actually. It was a perfect cap, really. The only one I had owned in my forty five years. In any case, happy hats. I must have bought it in the 1990s and sold it around seven to ten years ago....
    Gone with the wind....I wanted more SS caps, actually.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your favorite cap!
    P
    Many

Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!
    Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Thank you. Well, nobody has the power to them of predicting the future, so you probably made that collector very happy by selling the cap to him
    Was it a Shirmmütze für Korvettenkapitän, I wonder? I shall continue my hunt for one.
    Happy hats and Merry Christmas.
    I sold it to a dealer, who gave me less than it was really worth, but more than I paid for it. It was for the lowest rank of officer in the KM, as yours. Such items are very rare where I have collected, actually, except for Bavarians who joined the navy, who were more than one.
    It was a picture book thing, without patina, mind you, but real.
    In any case, there are many things in my collecting life that I should have retained, especially some grey SS caps I found forty years ago and let go, as well as the earth brown Schiffchen of the SSTV and much, much more. I got back many pieces out of my original collection, at huge expense and much trouble.
    Bob Coleman knows how it is, I think. In former times, I had no idea of what the future held as regards prices, though I was witness to the sharp appreciation of same, but was very concerned with being a student and getting my career started. At a certain point, I put collecting aside to do so. As a result, many nice pieces vanished into thin air.
    You have just begun, so all these adventures await you.
    Happy hats to you and Merry Christmas, as well.

Thank you for the encouragement, I´m sure it will somehow be adventurous and quite exciting, this path through the world of collecting.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!
    Thank you for the encouragement, I´m sure it will somehow be adventurous and quite exciting, this path through the world of collecting.
    The key there is to act in a deliberate manner and to retain a high degree of skepticism at all times, while arming yourself with as much knowledge as possible, much of it had by pre digital means.
    The latter point marks a path of separation for many people, who have a completely 21st century attitude about the effort required to equip themselves about this material.
    The push button thing is a trap, if you are seduced by its apparent ease, which, itself, is a chimera.Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-22-2011 at 09:07 PM.

?

Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!
    Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!

What ever you do, you never know whats around the corner. If you have regretably sold your Kriegsmarine cap, with a little luck and some hard looking., I am sure you will find your treasure.

Happy christmas.
    Patrick Lewis

You lucky kid, Pat!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

You lucky kid, Pat!
    If you are talking about my DAF cap, It is not the nicest one, but its my first so untill I have two I will dicide which one is my favorite.
    But if it wasent the cap you are taking about then I am intruged into knowing what you meant

Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!Post your favorite cap!

Thanks,
    Patrick

That's a great hat, by the way, Pat. I really like the patterned design work on the band. Have a great Christmas! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I like your cap, very much

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    If you are talking about my DAF cap, It is not the nicest one, but its my first so untill I have two I will dicide which one is my favorite.
    But if it wasent the cap you are taking about then I am intruged into knowing what you meant

Thanks,
    Patrick
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

I like your cap, very much
    I am delighted you like it, It is missing its insignia. But It wont be too hard to replace I am sure, If I am not mistaken I have seen Klaus butschek has the cap badge for a resonable price. I will properly consider it after christmas.
    Anyways,
    Merry-christmas.
    Patrick

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20