Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast

Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!

Article about: I thought we had a thread on this, but apparently not. In any event, post your favorite period photograph of soft-headgear in wear.

Schupo major. He appears to be wearing an Erel:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!
    P
    Many

For you SS-Pz headgear junkies:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!  

Standing portrait:

Visors 'n camo:

Future DAK men trying on their new Tropenhelms:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!   Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!  

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Future DAK men trying on their new Tropenhelms:
    Nice photo, interesting that they have been issued with the captured Dutch/South African sun helmets, which would make these men
    a part of the 8th Panzer Regiment (15th Pz Div), or one of their associated units, such as the 33rd Artillery Regiment.

Bob

?

This guy seems to be wearing the early form of the Mützenkranz as on the early Feldmütze alter Art - neither woven nor embroidered but cut out of some felt-like material (Loden?). See here:

Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!

LW pilot inspecting a Spitfire:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!   Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!  

Last edited by stonemint; 12-03-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Croatians in the LW:

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    This guy seems to be wearing the early form of the Mützenkranz as on the early Feldmütze alter Art - neither woven nor embroidered but cut out of some felt-like material (Loden?).
    These were the first type of cap badges worn on the Panzerschutzmütze.

To quote from the German edition of Angolia & Schlicht's classic "Uniforms and Traditions..." series:

"In der ersten Ausführung war der Eichenlaubkranz des Reichsheeres mit der flachen, schwarz-weiß-roten Metallkokarde der Schirmmütze auf der Stirnseite des Überzugs aufgenäht. Der ungefähr 7 cm breite und 3,8 cm hohe Kranz war aus weißem Tuch gestanzt. An seiner Stelle kamen auch die flachen, geprägten Kränze der Schirmmütze vor. Fotografien lassen den Schluss zu, daß die Kränze auch in weißer oder silberfarbener Maschinenstickerei direkt auf den Überzug aufgestickt wurden. Das Hoheitsabzeichen wurde noch nicht angebracht."

["With the first version, the Reichsheer-type oak leaves wreath with the flat, black-white-and-red metal cockade of the peaked cap was sewn onto the cover's front. The wreath - roughly 7 centimeters wide by 3.8 centimeters tall - was punched out of white cloth material. In its place, wear of the flat, stamped metal wreaths of the peaked cap also occurred. Judging from photographic evidence, the conclusion can be drawn that the wreaths were sometimes directly embroidered on the cover in white or silver-colored machine embroidery as well. The national insigne was not yet worn."]

From: Adolf Schlicht & John R. Angolia: Die Deutsche Wehrmacht. Uniformierung und Ausrüstung 1933 - 1945. Band 1: Das Heer (3rd revised edition, 1996), pg. 138. Translation by me.

The text goes on to say that the badges were changed with an order of 30th October 1935, which introduced the one-piece woven wreath-and-cockade badge and the national insigne.

Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast