Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast

Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!

Article about: I thought we had a thread on this, but apparently not. In any event, post your favorite period photograph of soft-headgear in wear.

Private purchase visor:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!
    P
    Many

?

I recall seeing this on Peter v. L's site. Congratulations to BenVK, I miss his interventions here and wish him well.

Kepis & visors at Dachau, May 1933:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Since you post this image, I post one of mine,Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!

The photo is or is not from the Hitler ueber Deutschland air campaign in the elections of 1932.

The kepi has the leather peak, and is not as tall as some, with the chin strap under the Ohrenschutz
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-31-2017 at 03:38 PM.

I do find Julius Schaubs cap most interesting which appears to be a chauffeurs cap adorned with the emblems of the early SS.

What is the date of this photo ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I do find Julius Schaubs cap most interesting which appears to be a chauffeurs cap adroned with the emblems of the early SS.

What is the date of this photo ?

Regards Larry
    Thanks, Larry, I believe it is 1932. He was not alone with this cap, Himmler and other SS luminaries wore it, too.

CBH
    ?

The Dachau photo is interesting for the armband and combat knife being worn as well as the wonderful headgear .

Quote by CBH View Post
    The Dachau photo is interesting for the armband and combat knife being worn as well as the wonderful headgear .
    Take notice to the poor quality armband ..which in todays standards would of been thrown in the trash and called fake. The swaz arms are misproportioned and hokey looking
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by CBH View Post
    While I do not own these exact items, as they were surely pulverized long ago, I own some quite like them....Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Take notice to the poor quality armband ..which in todays standards would of been thrown in the trash and called fake. The swaz arms are misproportioned and hokey looking
    Mr. d'Alquen knows these Bauer photos better than I, but the moment when these images were taken, the camp was in kind of early phase of consolidation,
    and the SS uniform was hardly the thing we associate with the picco bello order of the party rallies. The origins of Dachau as an entity were that of the
    dumping ground not only of inmates, but of the guard personnel and so forth. It is all in the Eicke biography and the many fine accounts in English of the camp system that have recently come out in translation. Thanks, Larry, for all your fine work for our benefit.Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!Post Your Favorite Soft-Headgear Period Photo!

Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast