Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Article about: by stonemint This would be my idea of a treasure chest: (credit:GMIC) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

?

Default Re: Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I realize this is a soft headgear forum, but this is interesting for the fact that it demonstrates the use of an Ersatz lining on a pre-war Pickelhaube--Depaheg was most likely the maker of the liner:
    This is a classic WARTIME helmet, with a fibre body and ersatz sweatband. The entire helmet was made by Depaheg. The Bavarian plate, sans laurels around the bandeau, is the wartime version...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!
    P
    Many

Quote by Arran View Post
    This is a classic WARTIME helmet, with a fibre body and ersatz sweatband. The entire helmet was made by Depaheg. The Bavarian plate, sans laurels around the bandeau, is the wartime version...
    Arran, I stand corrected--fiber looks like leather in the pics.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Well, let's keep looking, because although I've never encountered an ersatz sweatband in a pre-war pickelhaube, I'm pretty sure I've seen them in pre-war visor caps!

?

What's the link?

?

That's a great looking cap; good luck in your hunt. I'm hoping there will be some similiar caps at the SOS, with realistic prices ( !! ).

BobS

?

Superb!

I'm seriously considering selling all my TR items and starting over again with Imperial era instead.

Quote by BobS View Post
    Attachment 479080Attachment 479076Attachment 479079Picked up this officer's schirmutze for the Garde du Corps, or Kurassier Regt.nr.4, at the SOS. It's shape is a bit lower than some, so I am guessing it's from 1900-1910 or so.

BobS
    Bob, terrific score--definately KR.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hi

I'm a fan of KR caps as well..........come on board and get collecting before they all sell out !

cheers

Tony

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    From my cross-town friend--a Pre 1908 Jager zu Pferde officer:
    A beautiful example.

BobS

?

Regarding Imperial peaked caps, I believe that I can say with certainty that just about any any cap is within my 'affordability" range, save those attributed to royalty, etc. I certainly cannot say that about TR era caps, with some approaching, or exceeding $20,000.
    I enjoy the history associated with caps from both eras, but I will likely purchase, if fortunate, more Imperial headgear than that of the TR. I find the various colors of Imperial caps, especially cavalry caps, very attractive.
    Oh well, I guess the motto of the GardeKorps, "Suum Cuique", applies here as well. Thanks for your compliments.

BobS

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast