Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Article about: by stonemint This would be my idea of a treasure chest: (credit:GMIC) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Default Re: Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Hi Julekpl

The price is always determined by condition, availability and the purchasers willingness to pay. If someone has offered you a good price already i guess you need to decide whether to accept. These are officer caps with a velvet band but are not in themselves rare. Ones in good condition are getting hard to find.

Cockade for the top is an easier guess you can pay about £5 which is $8 from some dealers or as little as $3 on e bay. They are plentiful. I have a bag load...... worth buying some when you find them. You will need the flat version not the raised one as these are post 1936.

Hope this helps

cheers

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!
    P
    Many

Thanks Spandau, I have purchased a handful of the cockades so I am good to go with those. it's hard for me to read the maker, something like "Peter Strempet Kaismiller & Something"

the maker of my cap, not the cockades, silly me. Here is the maker's name and what damage I could find, which is along the rimming along the inside of the cap. Attachment 358793 Attachment 358794

hi

keeping the thread alive with this little grouping............. the latest shot of some of my Imperial caps in date order.

Top row from right to left covers 1870 to 1910

second row has my two field caps that were worn till 1913

third row, 1907 field cap and 1908 field caps

fourth row 1910 officers caps and 1915 cap with masking band

fifth row 1915 medic cap and 1917 field caps for officers

Hopefully got another army field grey lining up for next week.......(don't tell the wife)

cheers

tony

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    & the apotheosis of KR visors, the visor for Crownprince Willi:
    Yes, I just saw those two listings. I wonder what the price was for Der Kronprinz's cap? The 17th Hussars cap is very fairly priced, IMHO.

BobS

?

Oh, has anyone noticed the 1st Leib-Kurassier officer's cap listed on Ebay currently? The bidding starts at $500, yet no bids at this point. These caps go for well north of $1,000.
    This is my favorite Imperial regiment, but something doesn't seem "right" with this cap. Opinions appreciated, and thanks.

BobS

?

Quote by BobS View Post
    Yes, I just saw those two listings. I wonder what the price was for Der Kronprinz's cap? The 17th Hussars cap is very fairly priced, IMHO.

BobS
    I was talking to Bruce and he had it around 15k.

Cheers, Patrick

?

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    I was talking to Bruce and he had it around 15k.

Cheers, Patrick
    $15,000 eh? Not cheap, obviously, but what would you rather have, a cap of a true historical figure( dilletante or not, Willy did command an Army Group), or , say, a run of the mill Waffen-SS officer's cap?
    I would like both, but I know which one that I would choose. Thanks for the info.

BobS

?

Quote by BobS View Post
    This is my favorite Imperial regiment, but something doesn't seem "right" with this cap. Opinions appreciated, and thanks.
    I agree Bob, it doesn't seem right to me either. Another 1930's re-enactor hats?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!   Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!  

?

Willi's cap is now on hold and I'm not surprised. I just visited the Grenadier site and the provenance is about as good as you can get in this day and age. (It's not the same cap as in the photo of him saluting though, the top piping is not as thick)
    A stunning cap though, superb quality and in fantastic condition. $15 too much? I don't think so. A once in a lifetime opportunity and as Bill said, the same price as run-of-the-mill WSS Officers cap. If I had that kind of money lying around, it would be on it's way to London right now.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast