Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Article about: by stonemint This would be my idea of a treasure chest: (credit:GMIC) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Default Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

I am taking a few liberties here, but in our forum is grounded in the history and evolution of German headgear, and I must say I am inspired by the "Evolution of the army field cap......1871 to 1945" thread.

So, if you have any Imperial (1871-1918) German headgear, please post it here.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!

Nice thanks for showing!

Hi Stoney,

Nice caps to start us off ! I've posted some of these before on the Imperial site:

The officers service caps in shape order from 1871 to 1919

The NCO's in shape order from 1871 to 1920

Question: do you think this is an M1910 officers field cap or a medics private purchase M1908 peaked service cap. I'm not sure because the cap band and cap height is the same as the other ranks field cap but with a peak it could be either ?

comments welcome.

Last two are the engineers officers cap (model 1867) circa 1880 and the universal field cap of 1917. The first and last caps brought into service during the Kaisers reign.

cheers

tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!   Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!  

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!   Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!  

Here's a group shot of the caps in order of appearance.......

top right begins with 1871 all way to the bottom shelf and the end of the Second Reich in 1918.

The reason for the space.....I'm still looking for one elusive visor to complete my collection of this era

If anyone is wondering.....The tunic is an engineer officers walking out dress circa 1927 onwards. I like it because it's wearer served across the time period I collect caps for. he served in the kaiser's army, stayed in the reichswehr and as the tunic has post 1936 collar tabs and an embroidered breast eagle kept on going upto WW2.

cheers

tony

?

Some beautiful examples here my friends. I do love the enormous variety of Imperial hats and the colours etc.

Does anyone know of a true Fliegercorps cap for sale? black velvet band type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!   Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!  

Great lids, guys, and I am glad I am not the only one who appreciates the early stuff!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

ben,

cracking one on the husken site if you have a spare 880 euros !

Super caps Gentlemen...heres a selection of mine.....the first one is a rather nice Saxon Feldpost cap, ( if the chap who sold me this is viewing, please private message me )......
    Prost ! Steve.

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!   Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!  

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Nice selection, Oradour--I especially like the Post visor (but then again I am a civil junkie).
    Feldpost.....Not really a civvie unit....as you will know, the Feldpost is the German military mail service. Its history dates back to the 18th century in the Kingdom of Prussia during the Seven Years' War and War of the Bavarian Succession and has existed ever since in different forms and shapes.
    Prost ! Steve.

Post Your Kaiserreich (Imperial) Headgear!sehr schoen. This Army Navy Haus was a major feature of the Berlin uniform maker demimonde, and, of course, officers were entitled to wear their old uniforms in the era 1933-1945. I had an army Pz officer's cap of their make that had been the property of Rommel's driver which I then sold. PS The acronym I saw you use on the odd site is found no where in my experience of this organization. If I am wrong, please furnish an example. This advertisement is from the 1932 rank list of the Reichswehr, a rare and valuable source.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-24-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast