Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!

Article about: Headgear of the "Goldfasanen" have always been my favorites. Whether Form 1,2,3,4 or Schiffchens/Kepis/M-43's, if you got 'em, post 'em: I will start off with 2 Form 4 Orts. Note t

Default Re: Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!

The issue that intrigues me are those caps made before or around (1935/6) the prohibition on trade marks, and the later caps (1939?), which disregarded same for whatever reason. Collectors imagine that Germany was a place of Kadavergehorsam and rigid adherence to rules, which was surely sometimes the case. But often whoever did not adhere to the rules at all, in fact. This fact is why someone should read through the Mitteilungsblaetter der RZM as concerns the leading issues of collector faith or superstition as concern variations, violations etc. The Rest Verlag book on the Reichswehr has a long list of the official tolerated variations or violations in uniform that eventually became accepted. Thus, one does well to translate these words: Eigenmaechtigkeit and Eigensinn as concerns all these things that interest us.

Further, the collector should see reality as it was, and not as warped through the the dogmatism of a handful of internet blabber mouth gurus (generally found on other, less wholesome sites), whose deployment of anachronism disfigures the past, i.e. Lubstein in 1937 = Ford Motor Company in 1965. One thereby fails to understand the differences in society, economy and method that obtained in 1930. But such a point is perhaps too refined or arcane, nicht wahr?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!
    P
    Many

I actually bought two hats in the Breiter store, but they are made all elsewhere as a mark of globalization. I talked to one of the Breiter family, in fact. She was born during the war and came of age afterwards. She surely knew people who know what we want to know, but she herself was mystified by my odd questions.

It turns out that Deschler is still in business too, but they are in Muenchen Feldkirchen (which is well out of town in a suburb)

This so enclosed here is also a Breiter cap, of earlier make. I did NOT buy it in Munich recently. What I did buy were GoreTex crusher rain hats suited for travel in the 21st century without an umbrella, actually. Very different.

Apropos the issue of re sale and collector "consensus" based on "text book" examples pi pa po....

You should collect what pleases you and what you value. Since you are an authority in your own right, you can go your way with the certainty of a sleep walker.

The fact that mass collector taste does violence to the past and otherwise confines many to a small tranche of same should concern us not at all. I for one am as addicted to RZM tags as the next, but if one is skilled in this undertaking, then one can well embrace variation, subtlety, nuance, et cetera.
    Attached Images Attached Images Post Your NSDAP Political Hats! 

this is also a Breiter cap. Both of these are heavily marked, in fact. I have posted these several times and my apologies to those with ennui at the sight of same.

Munich today is so very far removed of the Munich whence came these two caps, and such is a good thing, too, considering the violence and suffering associated with same.

Life there today is that of verdant prosperity, BMW late model cars, full stomachs, and large credit card or debit card accounts, as well as endless pleasure seekers, few of whom have the slightest inkling about all of this or even really care.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

This marking is NOT found in said caps of mine... Breiter once had seven branches in Munich, and now have, I think, four. Notice the Dachauerstrasse address, that is, near to Mueller. Who is alive who still can say something about all of this?

My trips to Munich of recent date have all been too brief, and too overwhelmed with the needs of the moment for me to pursue any of this arcane detail.

My publisher in Germany, though, is open to proposals of books, which some of the sound minds in this site could well offer the world and set it back on its trunions, that is certain. It would not take much to compile the better of these postings and render them between covers, actually.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

I have looked through some lists and interestingly the holder of license A2/1 was the firm of Gebrueder Rupp in Karlsruhe. I would have guessed that it would have been a Munich company.
    Many of the later caps that exhibit a logo under an RZM license are merely showing a graphic design that, not displaying the name of the company, doesn't really contravene the RZM ban on using the party to promote a business enterprise.
    Derek

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I have looked through some lists and interestingly the holder of license A2/1 was the firm of Gebrueder Rupp in Karlsruhe. I would have guessed that it would have been a Munich company.
    Many of the later caps that exhibit a logo under an RZM license are merely showing a graphic design that, not displaying the name of the company, doesn't really contravene the RZM ban on using the party to promote a business enterprise.
    Derek
    Thanks. Do you have evidence of this issue in the Mitteilungsblaetter der RZM, for instance? That is, firms getting into trouble for violating this regulation?
    The fact that the first cap making license was rendered to Karlsruhe is also interesting, to be sure.

I went looking in the Viscardistrasse for the RZM outlet, and found only very posh, high end jewelry and haute couture boutiques, actually.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Derek
    Thanks, Derek--I am surprised as well that "Number 1" was not in Muenchen. I also like your point about the graphic design not displaying the name of the company--now that I think of it, almost all the RZM tagged hats with logos did not have the specific name of the company. Off the top of my head, Hertlein springs to mind, as well as the above-pictured Valet piece.

F-B, thanks to you for attempting to advance our knowledge by venturing forth into the Breiter shop, even if your visit amounted only to some fine (current) headgear. I will have to re-compile my list of former TR haberdashers still in business today--there are more than one would think.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Bob...an amazing collection!
    I'm particularly struck with photo #17, as I have a Gauleitung visor by the same maker. Although mine is a bit broken up the quality of the gold stitching still shines through.
    My visor also has a piece of Koln newspaper inside the sweat band...I cannot remember the date (1943?) but I don't want to disturb it as it is quite brittle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

?

...some others.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

panzergreg
    ?

Hello
    here were one of your cap which is now in my collection
    greg

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast